Kafiau G.T.P

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightTiger

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was just reading through the Mar/Apr issue of Reptile Care,(U.K publication) and they have an article on the Kafiau or Canary G.T.P.
Seems that breeders on Kafiau Island (located in the middle of the Dampir Weigeo Straits, Indonesia) are breeding G.T.P that keep their yellow colour into adulthood. It says that not all of the offspring will stay yellow, with a ratio of 50% going on to turn green.
Exports are banned now on the island, but it seems that their are people in the States and U.K with this species, none are breeding at the moment.
So there you go, how many people have said that it would be cool if G.T.P stayed yellow.

Hard to find on the web, but these turned up:

tn_DSC_0010.jpg

tn_DSC_0025.jpg

tn_DSC_0009.jpg

:p

Hix

Yeah that not all that uncommon in US and UK collection. Sell for around the $3000 us mark i think. Stuff all in our terms.

I think they're hybridised with eyelash vipers... Seriously, nice looking snakes.

J.

Doesn't look like they retain those lovely little red 'jewels' all over them, like hatchy GTPs do. I love that patterning, but these look great regardless.

They are very very nice......

- No need to Chondro X Jungles - They are already Yellow :twisted: :mrgreen:

:?: Any idea of How this came about? Was it through selective breeding through private collections or was a Yellow Adult found and taken from the WILD Population?

Yes they are beautiful and they are certainly better looking than green GTP's. It is apparently a colour morph found on that island and is not particularly uncommon.

Give me a GREEN Tree Python over a YELLOW tree python anyday. GTP not YTP...

Still nice and you obviously wouldnt turn one down, but a green one is far more attractice IMO.

imo the yellows are heaps better than the greens! but i still love the greens!

I wonder when we will get to the point in Australia where there are sufficient people breeding GTP's that we start to see "interesting" colour morphs being effectively bred for. The only one I know of at the moment is the blue form.

They are certainly stunning, but I'm with Pugsly and Gaz-robot... it's the colour that first drew me to the greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back