Kafiau G.T.P

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a section on them in "the more complete chondro"

I wonder when we will get to the point in Australia where there are sufficient people breeding GTP's that we start to see "interesting" colour morphs being effectively bred for. The only one I know of at the moment is the blue form

I think you will find there already are. There are definately prdominately black specimens, High yellows, and all sorts of colours mixed together on some.

G.T.P

This pic was taken almost 5 mths ago, and she has changed more. However, not only has she kept a lot of the black, but she has actually developed even more black scales. Will try to get a more recent pic soon.

When she first began to change, because of the black on her The Dad cruely said she looked like she was going mouldy :(

RE: G.T.P

Interesting change there Lily, it looks like a dark green not black, but black scales seem to be common on a lot of them at the moment.

Looks gorgeous by the way!

Thanks! It's not a very good pic, and some of them are merely a dark green. The contrast now is a lot more defined.

the yellow gtps looked like the tubs had an inch of water as the substrate

That is one of the ways some breeders keep theirs. I tried it for a bit (have since reverted to damp paper towel) and my bubs were MOST put out! They couldn't quite figure what was going on and kept puting their heads down to check it out, tounge-flicking like crazy!

It was like if I'd come home and suddnly found my hard floor replaced with cheese!

helps with humidity apparently. Dont see why a water bowl wouldnt do the trick!

lol! you mention USA and UK and you do not know that those pics come from a friend of mine (Marcello) just from Italy (Milan)...I've written about that locality in my GTP book a very nice one although it is scarcely represented into collections just to see how long they'll keep the yellow colours into the adulthood.
Cheers
Stefano

Re: RE: G.T.P

junglemad said:
the yellow gtps looked like the tubs had an inch of water as the substrate

Well one thing about keeping GTP's is Greg Maxwell's book which details every aspect of their successful husbandry.

One of the things he suggests not doing is using water as a substrate. He strongly recomends daily misting instead.

(
hs_CompleteChondro_thumb.jpg
- $75 from the Herp Shop)

serpenttongue said:
I actually prefer Mustard Chondros over any other colour. Very few of them about though.

yeah, brown chondros, woohoo. :D

The problem with water substrates is that when they crap, they then drink a diluted solution of their waste.. not recommended... I don't much see the point of brown (mustard) chondros, but the adult albino belonging to Damon Salceies is just gorgeous (and I'm not usually one for albinos either, or hybrids for that matter...) What a boring old fart!

Jamie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back