keelback?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
omg, this is the smallest snake i have ever seen, a friend found it in a spider web, is it a keelback?

Attachments

• DSCF3546.jpg
    DSCF3546.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 181
he seems fine, i'm amazed at his size, never seen one this small

He is a cutie, I've never seen any snakes that small before!

i'm afraid to handle him, he looks so fragile

nah, anal and subcaudal scales are divided so not a roughie

double posting, happens to the best of us lol

keelbacks are very varied in colour and im not quite sure where they are normally found but its pretty easy to tell the scales apart cos keels are raised rather than flat...from the looks of it i'd say it was..... hes definately a cutie whatever he is!!!!

yea, we get keelbacks here, used to find alot of adults after good rain in the puddles

thanks trueblue looks to be a newborn at that size?

yes its a hatchie, arnt they small little critters when young.

sure is a keelback, they can be found at the tip of wa, nt, qld and all down the qld coast to the very tip of nsw coast. according to A Photographic guide to snakes and other reptiles in australia. one of the best books i ever bought.

david reed is on the lookout for a red keelback for me, hope he finds me one, would love to breed them one day, such little cuties, i thought they were live bearers but just looked it up they are egg layers

:lol: The bigger question Hornet, is what kind of coin are you using??? It works really well when having to draw comparisons! :lol: :p

Very cute little snake though - and good save!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back