Kids movies with snakes being the good guy!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlippinBirdies

Reaction score
Ive got a darling 3yo and we love watching movies with him however Ive noticed a frustrating trend.

Every movie we watch with a snake in it, the snake is ALWAYS the bad guy! Rango, Gruffalo and heaps more.

Can anyone name a kids movie where a snake is actually friendly and not trying to kill everyone????

Thanks!

Just saw my typo lol Snakes not sankes!! lol

Last edited:
yeh thats seems to be the trend, and i guess why everyone has this "snakes are bad" or "snakes are evil" idea in their head, because even from a young age they have it drilled into their head, either directly, or as you have mentioned, indirectly by putting it into movies and tv shows aswell

The Wild - (the one where the koala escapes the zoo or something like that) there's a snake in that that's the good guy....

Here he is pictured:

thewild_larry.jpg

"LARRY (Richard Kind) - This 21-foot long anaconda lays claim to being the longest of any animal in the zoo, but he's a bit short when it comes to common sense. Always flexible and willing to pitch in, Larry comes in handy throughout the adventure as a pulley, a pole, a steering wheel and a slingshot capable of firing a lion a considerable distance!"

In Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, there is a snake that Harry chats with.

Yeah but it's made apparent in the book/movie that the screaming starts for no reason, just uneducated people. The snake is calm :)

Art imitating life again?
I'm a little over the human race at the moment. :rolleyes:

Sorry Kawasakirider... that last post from me sounded very negative. I was not negating your statement.... you're correct... but what would be remembered would sadly be the screaming.

I know right! Im so over having to explain to my little man that that is just a naughty snake and most other snakes are nice and he doesnt need to be afraid of our snakes. :/

People are so brainwashed and Im sick of having to justify my hobby to family/friends etc. Just once Id like a good guy snake in a movie that saves a princess or something! Lol

Apparently according to JK Rowling the snake in Harry Potterand the Philosophers Stone is actuallyNagini (voldimorts pet snake) just a bit younger.

Apparently according to JK Rowling the snake in Harry Potterand the Philosophers Stone is actuallyNagini (voldimorts pet snake) just a bit younger.
That's a fake quote

yeh thats seems to be the trend, and i guess why everyone has this "snakes are bad" or "snakes are evil" idea in their head, because even from a young age they have it drilled into their head, either directly, or as you have mentioned, indirectly by putting it into movies and tv shows aswell

Books too. I was flicking through an old copy of the Complete Adventures of Blinky Bill and not only is there a bad snake, there's a bad goanna as well.

Woooops

I know right! Im so over having to explain to my little man that that is just a naughty snake and most other snakes are nice and he doesnt need to be afraid of our snakes. :/

People are so brainwashed and Im sick of having to justify my hobby to family/friends etc. Just once Id like a good guy snake in a movie that saves a princess or something! Lol

There's at least TWO on topic answers that cover your thread question... They not good enough?

Larry is an awesome snake!!!

There are several Aboriginal myths that have snakes and frogs, not all of them are 'evil', naughty maybe in the case of Tiddalik, but not evil.

Books too. I was flicking through an old copy of the Complete Adventures of Blinky Bill and not only is there a bad snake, there's a bad goanna as well.

In the TV series first season they have a good snake. He sucks up water and lets Blinky and his friends use him as a hose to put out a fire.

In the TV series first season they have a good snake. He sucks up water and lets Blinky and his friends use him as a hose to put out a fire.

Don't forget the friendly anaconda in the international series that doesn't know how to swim, but she learns in time to rescue everyone.

My four year old doesn't think twice about the bad snakes. She corrects the movies and tells me that snakes aren't bad, they're just misunderstood lol.

Kaa (python) in jungle book was originally depicted as good. Until Disney made a cartoon movie and portrayed him as a villan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back