Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm really looking into getting a Smooth Knob-Tailed Gecko (Nephururs Levis Levis) as I've had and still keep Marbled Geckos, I've also got a Thick-Tailed Gecko his name is Harley, and I've always wanted a Knob-Tailed Gecko. Just want to know if I am going to be caring for him or her properly.

I've got my gorgeous boy Harley in an Exo Terra Terrarium that's 45x45x45 and absolutely love them there design is fantastic, if I were to get another one, would this suit a Knob-Tailed Gecko?

I've been researching heaps and most sites say that 30-32 degrees is what the basking site temperature need's to be, is this correct?
I know there terrestrial gecko's so I'm going with an Exo Terra Heat Mat that's 4 watts it's size is 10 x 12.5 cm is this appropriate sized? Oh yeah forgot to mention I will be using a Microclimate B1 Dimming thermostat, so my temps don't go to extreme levels.

On my boy Harley's Exo Terra Terrarium I've got the compact top that's got an 25 watt infrared Blue night light so I can sit there a watch him, can I do this with my Knob-Tailed Geckos Exo Terra Terrarium?

They don't require any Uv so that's sorted

I know they eat Crickets, woodies and the occasional mealworm (though I'm not a big fan of them) is feeding them every second day what I should be doing?, as I do this with Harley, and every second feed I use Repti-cal with D3 and use repti-vite once a week, can I feed a knob-Tailed Gecko this way too?

Now last question, I'm going to use red desert sand (the one u get from the pet shop) I know they like to burrow so how much sand do I have on the cool end and how many times a week do I mist the cool end? and same with the hot end?

you got all the right info mate.
You can use red desert sand but I use the sand you put into kids sand pits and it works a treat.
Good luck with your new animal :D

Cheers, Nick
How much sand do I have on the cool end and how many times a week do I mist the cool end? and same with the hot end?

my sand (in the deep end) is 10 cm deep and I spray it every day to keep it moist

Cheers, Nick

I'm all set now, just need to find a breeder now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back