Koala Rescue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I got a call out yesterday morning to get a koala out of the boot of a car. Just outside Fredderickton a car had run off the road, into a deep ditch. Driver was no where to be found but the police discovered the koala. All the police knew is that the car's rego was addressed to Port Macquarie so, one healthy little fellow could not simply be released. I went out and got him. Poor little sweetie - well not so little. Juvenile male, was so frightened, he was fiesty. I had a toy koala for him to claw at so I could pick him up, he snarled and attacked my toy. Poor thing. He didn't want hugs from me either, he swiped me with his claws - have two very sore jabs and light scratches but nothing serious. I got him covered and into my carrier and headed back to our FAWNA president's home where I dropped him off for the Koala Ambulance to collect him. I wanted to take him myself but the lady said the Koala Hospital prefers to collect them, themselves. If they had any issues I was on standby to take him, but all was well. When my hubby handed me the phone and said the police wanted me to go get a koala out of a car I jumped for joy. Not so exciting for him :( he obviously had an ordeal, winding up in somebody's car that ran off the road which would have bowled him around in the boot. He was unhurt, just scared and long way from home...and the cutest call out I have had.

I am really disappointed to have no photos, but he was too much of a handful, and his welfare was more important.

My daughter lives in Qld and rang me the other day to say 2 koalas were casually walking around her verandah, she said when they'd finished their stroll, they just sauntered back into the bush.....how wonderful would that be. :)

My daughter lives in Qld and rang me the other day to say 2 koalas were casually walking around her verandah, she said when they'd finished their stroll, they just sauntered back into the bush.....how wonderful would that be. :)
That reminds me of when I was growing up! Raymond Island in Victoria is absolutely crawling with Koala, or at least it was back in the late 1990's. They are such awesome creatures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back