Ku ring gai Chase national Park

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jase75

Reaction score
Over the last month or so iv managed to find the time for a couple of day trips down to Ku ring gai to have a look around and see what i could find.The first trip was really good weather, around 27 deg during the day and cooling off to about 20deg at night.
Some pics from my first trip:
017.jpg044.jpg063.jpg003.jpg

The second trip the weather was not as good, about 22deg during the day and down to about 17deg at night. I still managed to find a few reptiles though.
Some pics :
026 (2).jpg034.jpg028 (2).jpg031 (2).jpg

Great finds, Jase. Looks like your trip was very successful.

Regards,
David

Great pics, was up there (West Head) in January, saw a couple of great lacies (a small one & a big one) & a snake track. The small lacie was just ambling along the track, the big fella was just getting off the track, was up a tree by the time I got there. Followed the snake track along the walking track, from where it got onto the track to where it left the track would have been a couple of hundred metres. There were areas where the curves were a lot tighter & more dirt pushed out, so maybe disturbed by the bike & did the bolt a bit. Will be heading back in spring to hopefully find more out & about looking for mates etc.
goanna3-12585.jpg

goanna4-12586.jpg

goanna5-12587.jpg

snake-track-next-to-bike-track-12588.jpg

The first picture of the monitor walking along the ground is actually a Heath monitor & the one up the tree is definately a lace monitor you were lucky enough to see both species of monitor in the area.

The first picture of the monitor walking along the ground is actually a Heath monitor & the one up the tree is definately a lace monitor you were lucky enough to see both species of monitor in the area.

Ah cool, thanks for the info. I just thought the small one was a juvi lace monitor, with juvi markings (stripes on tail etc). Cheers thanks.

Excellent pics Jase75 but what snake is you second post.
Thankyou, the first snake is a Bandy Bandy, the 2nd snake is a Golden Crowned Snake and the 3rd is a Yellow Faced Whip Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back