lacey expertes needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daryl_H

Reaction score
hi i am wondering if any one in melbourne keeps bells laceies in out door enclosures im wondering because the bells line is from a more northen location and wondering if they then need a hotter enviroment or should just be treated like any other laceie:|

A lace monitor is a lace monitor, regardless of patterning. Bells aren't a different species, or sub species, they are a genetic mutation (someone correct me if I'm wrong). They can be kept successfully anywhere within the lace monitors distribution, and be treated just like a local. I have a pair of QLD lace monitors (from central coast QLD, where bells are aplenty), and I keep the male outdoors all year round (I am on the south east coast of NSW- Illawarra region). The female is kept indoors over winter, but cooled. Both do very well and can handle the cold temps. It would be the same for a Bells lace.

However, since you are in Melbourne, I do recommend some form of heating for your animal over winter. That, or bring it indoors over winter.

We have kept our bells and normal phase outside all year round for years now, with no problems. The enclosure is in full sunlight, but other than that there is no other heat provided. BTW Bells phase can be found in North East Victoria around the Warby Ranges near Wangaratta. So they can easily tolerate the temperatures, however I would suggest putting them outside during late spring so they can adapt to the climate change.

thankyou very much guys !!!! realy helpfull

cheers again guys picked up a juvi bells today and am wrapt so active and friendly... cant wait till it gets huge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back