Lacie and a spikey friend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan40D

Reaction score
Went out for a bushwalk today to see what was about, was walking along a track when i heard unmistakable sound of a lacie bashing around in the leaf litter, i spotted him, a smallish 3 foot specimen. He spotted me and dived up the first tree he saw. While taking some pics of him, another much larger one came along as well, this one wasn;t in any mood for photos though and took off.

lacie2.jpg

lacie.jpg

A bit later on another track i heard some crashing around again, expecting to see another Lacie i was thrilled to see this little fela in the undergrowth.

echidna2.jpg

echidna.jpg

Very nice looking Lacie there; especially like the blue throat and yellow, thanks for sharing:)!

Gorgeous photos Dan. He have a lot of yellow on him? And SPike looks very cute. I love echidnas :D

Lovely photos! I am glad that spring has finally arrived.

Regards,
David

Great to come across some wildlife and a nice wild Lacie good shots too

Thanks all,
I went back ths afternoon to find a bit of branch for an enclosure, managed to see another Echidna.

have u ever tried to pick up a spiny ant eater? i had to 'rescue' one one day and when we finally got to the RSPCA they made me wash my hands in the stuff they have there cause i had little holes everywhere that were bleeding so much lol

needless to say they removed him/her from the bucket and into the cage

if there is ever a next time ill know differently, even just trying to grab their back legs to lift them up means a battle of bloody hands, mind you the little girl and her mother who had seen the ant eater the same times as us enjoyed getting up close and personal with it at my expense lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back