Lady in QLD with corn snake hmmm... Not good.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been having an interesting email to email chat with a woman in WA who is trying to sell me ball pythons, it got to the stage where she insisted she had cites permits that could be transferred to me, when I asked to see a copy of the permits and relevant legislation allowing the transfer I was told they would be shipped COD with all documents and assured it was legal, hmmm. My thoughts were it was a scam, not quite sure what she gets out of it though.

Can guarantee she was not in WA but more likely somewhere like Nigeria - once they hook you they hit you up for money again and again until you realise you're being scammed.

It doesn't matter if it was or wasn't bred in Australia, it is still supporting the same market. Corns are too common now to reward smugglers financially so I'm guessing they will have just moved on to the next desirable and more valuable import.

This conversation reminds me of a friend who didn't like the idea of animals being killed for meat so they wouldn't buy meat, but if they were at a party and someone happened to have too much meat, then they would eat it. Because they didn't directly float the industry that slaughters animals they were happy. Just a pity that when amongst friends that person was known as a BBQ bandit so people would buy extra to avoid being caught short....

Can guarantee she was not in WA but more likely somewhere like Nigeria - once they hook you they hit you up for money again and again until you realise you're being scammed.

These kind of scams are often just after personal information. Name, address, telephone number etc. These details can be sold on.

It doesn't matter if it was or wasn't bred in Australia, it is still supporting the same market. Corns are too common now to reward smugglers financially so I'm guessing they will have just moved on to the next desirable and more valuable import.

This conversation reminds me of a friend who didn't like the idea of animals being killed for meat so they wouldn't buy meat, but if they were at a party and someone happened to have too much meat, then they would eat it. Because they didn't directly float the industry that slaughters animals they were happy. Just a pity that when amongst friends that person was known as a BBQ bandit so people would buy extra to avoid being caught short....

These kind of scams are often just after personal information. Name, address, telephone number etc. These details can be sold on.
ha i dated a girl once who was so against meat she wouldn't even let me wear my leather coat! kinda hypocritical when she wore knee high leather boots!

I don't support it, but unless it's in poor conditions, how does that support animal cruelty?

quite frankly, if you don't dob them in, you're supporting a VERY high risk of spreading a non native disease.
and if not disease, then genetic pollution, which could risk the species.
they are illegal for a VERY good reason.

if you KNOW they're bred in Australia, that's even worse!
what happens if a few escape and pollute the wild population?
do you have ANY idea of the possible environmental ramifications?
and don't even think for a second it can't happen, people report misplacing a snake every other week here, and most of them are careful as hell!.

stop protecting these reckless and stupid people from risking our native wild life.

it's more than the disease risk, it's the risk to an entire species/local.

I can't believe so many admit to knowing and doing nothing? so much rage at you all, yet I can say nothing lest I risk a ban.
you risk every native in that area from genetic contamination. ugh!!!

it's scary that it shows just how little education and logical thought there is in our hobby sometimes., even for seasoned keepers.. *shakes head*

I'm sorry, but this is a very emotive issue for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol reminds me of Pam Anderson being an advocate of PETA, not knowing for yrs her many ugg boots were made of sheepskin lol

Hmm, touchy topic alright many different opinions but I go with what's right, they do not naturally occur in Australia, so who r we to bring them here. As humans we've already killed off enough different species by introducing new ones. There's a market people are demanding so others fill it, regardless of the ramifications on the natives. New Zealand for instance, native trees are being anielated because of the possum. And that horrible weed prickle gorse, The English took it there to make them feel at home..DUH! Now it's taken over only way to get rid of it is blowing it outta the ground.

Last edited:
Corns are too common now to reward smugglers financially so I'm guessing they will have just moved on to the next desirable and more valuable import.

Please, Boelens next!!!!!!! :lol:

Lol if she floats ur boat lol plastic floats on water right? I'm only 22 so don't really care. 90's are a blur... All that really sticks out in my mind is going to Micheal Jacksons concerts when I was 10 hahaha

Lol if she floats ur boat lol plastic floats on water right? I'm only 22 so don't really care. 90's are a blur... All that really sticks out in my mind is going to Micheal Jacksons concerts when I was 10 hahaha

Why did you get invited backstage?

(jokes jokes)

Back to the corn snake like the good man says :)

Or does this lady also keep and breed toads amongst her opuntia cactus garden decorated with mimosa?

Unlike toads though, corn snakes are illegal to keep.... But who'd want one anyway when there's better night tigers out there than that anyhow!

Jags were initially smuggled into the country, weren't they?

WOW,passionate people.we all love our natives,my house is filling up well with them.exotics are cool.that's why they are called exotic.but to hear phrases like 'scum of the earth',words like criminals,smugglers etc don't you people know what the real world is like?
Scum of the earth are the peodaphiles that live on the corner,criminals are the douchebags who robbed my mates house,and im much more worried about people smugglers and the underground slave trade going on around the world,than a few snakes.please im not trying to be nasty or offensive but the world has far bigger problems than a corn snake.

yea, good one sookie, we can only focus on the the really big issues and competently ignore all the small ones... please.
guns are cool too, can I collect them and disregard the law because it's not a big issue? :p

I'll remember this if you should ever get broken into and you go on a rage about it, or someone scratches your car paint, or a billion other little issues that tend to arise in life, and I'll remind you just how unimportant it is to you :p

welcome to cranky pants me in the morning :D

these issues have been discussed many times on here and usully always end the same way with nasty comments and fighting between members, infractions issued and the thread closed.. So Im closing it now before the thread really goes downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back