Lamington

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slacker

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went on a little day trip to Lamington with a couple of other members of this site, yesterday. Not too impressed with a lot of my shots (I'm sure you'll see some better ones from the other members soon!), but I thought I'd post them up anyway.

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

Not entirely sure what the following one is. I'm leaning towards spectabilis over rosei, but skinks are definitely not my thing. Although these ones are quite cute, imo.

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

First spinipes we found:

DSC_0041.jpg

And the second (and final) spinipes we found:

DSC_0080.jpg

This isn't an exhaustive list of what we found. The others have more photos :)

all that in one day, i'm way impressed!!!!

all that in one day, i'm way impressed!!!!

We found more than those pictured above, including a couple of decent sized coastals, land mullets and some obscure skink the others were happy to find, but which did not excite me in the slightest (in fact, I didn't even bother to photograph it).

Also commonly referred to as the Silly-Legged Skink.

Commonly?!?? Either way, you have a very nice pic of it. Those short-limbed, fossorial skinks are hard to photograph because they tend to lie flat on the surface.

And you need to put species names with your pics!!

Stewart

nice pics love the 5th shot some gorgeous animals you've found too!!!!

didnt do to bad, angle headeds are nice. took me a week to find one to photograph when I tried, was in a built up area though, closer to the mountains they are more common.

Did better than I expected, to be honest. I don't generally find much when walking. Probably because my version of walking is at a much slower pace and for much smaller distances than those I was with :lol:

Find any E. tryoni or just the murrayi?

Skinks are an acquired taste slacker
you'll learn to love them kinda like beer.

Find any E. tryoni or just the murrayi?

Skinks are an acquired taste slacker
you'll learn to love them kinda like beer.

I don't like beer either ;-)

E. tryoni were there too, among other things that I was even less excited about.

Photographs were pretty darn good (my opinion of bad is when you cant see the animal) good job some nice animals you found there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back