Land mullet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danw

Reaction score
Hey just wondering whether anyone has kept these?If so what are they like? and would you be able to keep them outside in Western Sydney (Castle Hill)?Any other information would be appreciated.
Thanks

Longtom keeps and breeds them. They love the cold. In QLD where ya get them its always up in the ranges. The colder the range the more mullets seem to be there.
Rob

Becareful with them, the bloody things will try and take a finger off if they get the chance, and bite hard enough to nearly do the job.
Rob

I think so from what I have read.I hope thats right lol.

I think that they are the second largest skink in the world, betten by a soloman island skink. I may be wrong. Anyway a full grown mullet dwarfs any bluey or shingle. they are huge.
Rob

Land mulletsare found down to gosford district dan,and people in sydney have maintained them successfully fo many years.There was a nice colony at ourimbah near the highway but the expressway got built on top of them. :roll:

Re: RE: Land mullet

instar said:
Are they much more robust than blueys or stumps?

MUCH bigger. saw afew out at queen mary falls in SE QLD.

RE: Re: RE: Land mullet

Is melbourne too cold for them or can they be kept outside in melbourne too?

does anyone have any pics i havn't seen one before (i think).
how large do they get?

Jason,- contact longtom he may have some pics, if not he may take some when they come out in the next month or two. Awsome animals.
Rob

From kingsnake.com

emajor.jpg

From 'ozwildlife'
R00130-001.jpg

Here's another pic.
I have a couple of them living in my backyard, they're way harder to catch then blueys tho :x and they're much stronger to hold.

Oh, and the pic is from Cogger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back