Land mullet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Land mullet

That would be awesome.

another these guys will take musroom from your hand but you cant pick mine up

well i have or should i say they bred themselves allido is :lol: feed them

Here is a pic of two that I saw when we went on holidays last September to the Gold Coast. There is a place called O'Reilly's Guesthouse at Mount Lamington. On the rainforest walk within the first 10 metres I heard a rustle in the litter and saw a pair of Land Mullets around the 2 feet or even a touch more.
I resisted Schappelling them into my backback and took a photo instead.

Thanks for the photo's guys.they are awesome

My land mullets are the most pathetic bunch of lizards ever. Especially Marcia which i have introduced on this site a few times. I have even been able to tame my King Skinks including the one including the one with the wild history. All i need now is to add some Yakka skinks to the collection and i'll be complete.
Simone

We get alot of King skinks around here on the costal areas. On some of the offshore islands you would have to be blind not to see them. They're always walking around in the picknick areas looking for food scraps. The juvies have little yellow spots on them.

Is melbourne too cold for them or can they be kept outside in melbourne too?

We used to find these buggas round Gloucester way.
For those who don't know what it's like there, try -12C overnights and as low as 1C day time temps at times. The frost used to burn off around lunch time :eek:

i've spent a countless hours searching for all sorts of reptiles in the wild (and my old truancy officer will back me up), and i have only come across one land mullet and that was after a bush fire, i picked him up and he was hissing mad he had a big burn on his side.

would have been easy 60cm long, i looked after him for a couple of weeks then took him back to the river bank and let him go in all the Privet bush.

Hey all what do you feed them? anything that they especially like?

nearly any thing a blue tongue would special favorite is mushrooms and id assume different ones you often find growing in rainforests

Blackberries,strawberries, mango banana especially mushies. lettuce apple any sort of fruit or vegie mine likes a bit of tomatoe occasionally. Silkworms are great but Marcia eats them like Smarties.
She also has pinkies too.

Simone

The problem i've found with melbourne is that we don't get anywhere near as many clear days. I dont know the exact figures but you can look up weather patterns for the last 25yrs or whatever. Although our max and min temps are very similar to a lot of areas we get half the amount of clear cloud free days so surface temps are way different.

I don't leave my land mullets outsoors during winter. This year i brought them in before it turned cool. The previous two years she has gotten a cold from being left outside. I don't want to risk it any further.

Simone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back