Land Mullets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

salebrosus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
After the Ugliest Species thread, a member PM'ed me about Land Mullets. So once again i thought i would show off my dear Marcia, the friendliest Land Mullet in town. She really does like sitting in your arms or up on your shoulder.

Simone.

Last edited:
Nice looking mullet. Hey, my tiny pink tongues wee and poo everytime I get them out. I wouldn't like to risk it with a land mullet that size. :)

That's what i think, she is a big beautiful girl. So placid. I got her from John Cann and my father absolutely adores her.
Thanks snakeman,

Simone.

To be honest falconboy, she has not once crapped or wee'd on me. BUT when she has been brought inside for winter, and she has crapped in her tub, holy hell. It is putrid.

Simone.

re Land

Nice mullet there simone,you can get a mullet for ten bucks in St Marys,place is full of mullets.I got a young one from Bob Whithey and its doing OK outside,shy as buggerey but.

Yeah, i paid a bit for Marcia, but she was worth every dollar, got one from Bob also for $200.

The one from Bob was shy and didn't like being picked up but got better with age. I bought Marcia just as she is. She has a taste for almost anything. She would eat blackberries and raspberries, all sorts of fruit, dog and cat food, snails, meat anything also she looooooooves mushrooms. Silkworms she likes but she eats the whole box as though she is eating smarties.

Simone.

We get these guys in our yard. Not the prettiest things in my opinion, but they're bullet proof. My family friends brought their dog round and we put him in the back yard, and when I went down to check on him there were three land mullets piled against the door (dogs doing damage to natve wildlife?! I thought only cats did that! ;)).

I thought they were dead so went to dispose of the bodies and they all scattered as soon as I approached.

Marcia actually escaped from the outdoor enclosure, my staffy chased or across the yard and he slightly grabbed her tail, If Conan had gone to hurt her he would've done more damage than some scrapes on her tail. Sadly she got a staph infection and lost half her tail. She is now regenerating two tails.

If Conan had done this to the other one he would've lost his nose for sure. They have a very strong grip with those jaws.

But Phil, i have to disagree with you, i think they are gorgeous :)

Simone.

Yes I have laways liked the land mullet since I saw one in 1980

lucky you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back