Large Lump on Eastern Water Dragons Mouth

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

REPTILIAN-KMAN

Reaction score
I went to feed my Eastern Water Dragons today and noticed one of my girls has a large lump inside her mouth it looks painful for her - she does have a small bruise on the outside of her jaw area and dont know whether this will heal itself in a few days or take her to the vet asap- all other EWD,s in the same enclosure are ok and show no signs of having the same problems. any sugestions anyone

could be an infection possibly from a little fight with another one? i'd see a vet about it. especially if it is effecting her eating abilities at all.

just go to the vet. if it is something serious then its better to fix it now than later when its infected other things or gotten much worse.

thanks guys - she does have a girlfriend in with her that is agressive towards the male but not her but as he is starting to show intrest in them again with head bobbing will take to vet tomorrow.

I had a pit kept eastern beardie that had a similar thing.. I treated it with betadine every day and it cleared up after a week. In saying that the safest way to treat i guess would be a good herp vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back