late season breeding.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aerojake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
just have a question regarding my spotted pythons who are currently housed together,
my whole collection was treated for mites last week and ever since iv'e replaced the spotteds water 36hrs after treatment the female had been spending more time in the water than she did when she had mites so i checked her and the water bowl for mites with nothing found also checked the rest of my collection just to be safe, i removed her water bowl and went to replace it the next morning for a drink and found her and the male mating same thing followed the next day, so my question is has anyone else experienced any breeding behaviour this late in the season in such warm weather and any ideas why she would be spending so much time in the water.
Cheers

Antaresia will couplate basically year round when introduced, it rarely means anything, however its not really late anymore, early for next season. Mine generally start copulating in late March and early April.

Thanks for the reply mate
Any ideas why she is spending so much time in the water bowl im talking around 20hrs a day.

You usually have to treat for mites several times to properly erradicate them. She may still have a small amount that you can't yet detect or she may be soaking as she is still irritated from the previous infestation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back