Laverton WA at this time of year????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deebo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Gday,

Im heading off to Laverton WA next week to catch up with my old man who is 4wding and camping through that area at the moment and am wondeirng if anyone can point out anything of interest to go and see or to look out for at the moment?

I have not been herping much (other than driving/walking around our property in goomburra) so any pointers on times of day, where to look etc would be great. Would be nice to see some critters in the wild......

Cheers,
Dave

will check it out.....thanks!

Its going to be quiet at this time of year, I was up in Meekatharra a week ago with work and we were only catching Ctenotus skinks, Netted Dragons and caught the odd Ring brown snake and a Pygmy Python in the traps.
Hopefully you will have a few warm days where you will be able to spot Striped Tailed pygmy Monitors and Spiny tailed skinks basking in Mulga plantations.

Niall - thanks for that, ive been hanging to get into the outback of Oz for abour 5 yrs so i cant wait to get out there and a few critters will be a bonus! =)

dave, i was over in pilbara and karratha area only a few weeks ago, i know laverton is mearly the otherside of WA.

plenty of little lizards were out mid day and dusk. just on dusk we had a few elapids come out also but really not much around as far as reptiles go.

have fun mate, love WA, if it wasn't for the import rules i'd live there. catch up for a beer when you get back! and we'll organise a herping weekend soon ;)

I started Travelling parts of WA couple years back and now done areas in the Pilbara, Goldfields and Gascoyne, I will be doing a part of the Kimberley later on in the year as well BUT just to give you the heads up, travelling gets addictive.
Hopefully it’s still a bit warm out that way and the Thorny Devils will be still on the run in good numbers.

Good luck!

oooh, south coastal towns are nice also, and food is good with nice foreign backpackers at the bars :) and the redeye flight at 12am perth to brisbane sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks Niall and Stu - will let you know if how I go when I get back and a beer or two sounds like a plan stu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back