Lazy? snake...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
im having trouble getting my diamond on to bigger food. he's been having fuzzy rats for a while now and can now eat 3-4 in one sitting. i cant seem to find a weaner anywhere so ive tried some small adult mice and just now a small adult rat...no go. he doesnt seem to want to try anything which would require some effort lol. it looks to me like he should be able to fit this one down. have a look and let me know what you think. apologies for the shocking pic but u get the gist. :?

thanx everyone.

he doesnt seem to want to try anything which would require some effort lol.

LOL, you talking about ya snake or your boyfriend :)
Oh, if ya boyfriend reads this site too tell him I was joking, he might be a big fella :)

lol and he might know where you live :twisted: :wink:

its been just over 2 weeks since his last meal and often he wont take before 3 weeks anyway. he's been running around the cage like he's starving for a week or so now so i figured he was hungry. :?
i have a funny feeling if i was offering fuzzies he would have taken it tho

yeah nymph ate it...of course lol. he could fit his mouth around the head of that rat EASY if he bothered...it would be a really long meal tho if u know what i mean lol. god damn unavailable weaner rats...anyone know where i can get some in melb?

I'll have a look in the shed when I get home from work tomorrow, think there are some growing on in there but not sure as the missus is the ratster in this house :)

Zoe, that rat did look a little large. Try one half way between a fuzzy and the one in the pic. It might go for one that size. Also did you try the mouse just before you tried the rat. If you did a unfamiliar food item can often put a fussy snake off eating for the day or so.

lol the size inbetween that and a fuzzy is what i cant find! nah the mouse was last feed before we tried some fuzzies. :D

zoe, i reckon ur little snake could get that down coz mine looks about the same size as urs and she took a big rat and a baby pidgeon. dont under estemate him/her

lol yeah i always seem to underestimate them so i thought i'd give it a whirl. it is a dodgy pic i know but i still think he could have fitted it! after all, this little girl (aka garbage guts) downed a LARGE adult rat after eating jules' left over small adult rat. took her FOREVER and i had my doubts along the way but she did it, and is now HUGE. The pic doesnt really do her justice :)

maybe you could try heating it up under some hot water for20-30 sec then bash its head in till its eyes bulge out and the brain juices are dripping. This works great for my snake, the heat signature gets her attention, then the brain smell just sets her off to strike.
Moses

Hey zoe, I know a few places you could try!
1. St Kilda Aquarium always seem to have them. It's on Barkly street but I can't remember what No.

2. If your prepared to travel, Roy Pails will have them for a very good price!

yeah st kilda is where i got my snake from sobrien! bit expensive cos they dont breed them themselves and they havent had them recently! they've been having trouble getting baby stuff :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back