leaf tail gecko shedding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cringles

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I managed to catch my female leaftail gecko shedding last night , she has a very weird habit of eating some of the skin she's pulling off!!!! :shock:
Any one else seen this in their geckoes?
Cheers cringles

Attachments

• lightning 048.jpg
    lightning 048.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 161
saltuarius swaini? nice gecko!
once, my gecko (phyllurus platurus) (similar to you gecko) pulled the shedding on its tail off with its mouth. Never heard of a gecko; or any reptile eat their shedding.. sorry!

awsome geckos. I'd love to get some but I'm not sure if we can have them in vic...? are they hard to keep?

All my knobtails eat their shed skin, you hardly ever know they've shed unless theres a little glove of skin still stuck to their foot or something! :)

Ive noticed with my C.louisiadensis, N.levis and even my G.variegata once that they feast on their fresh shed.

Hi Riley,
Salebrosis geckoes, care of rob porter, easy to keep , pretty heat tolerant, 2-3 crickets 3 times a week , one feed dusted with calcium dust, water supplied by spray twice a week along with water bowl, eggs incubate at 24-25 degrees (room temp)
cheers,
cringles

Caught an A.H.G once and it pulled off the shed with its mouth and ate it. Chameleons do it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back