Leaftail Requirements

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

888lowndes888

Reaction score
Hey guys I am very interested in keeping some leaftail gecko's and have a few keeping q's. Firstly there is a species (not sure which of the two) that are native to my area. I live 40 mins inland from wollongong NSW so if I were to purchase that species (Southern or Northern?) will i need heating for them? I beleive its the Southern Leaftail that is native to my area and if so what will be needed to keep the little guys. Also I have read another thread on this but i feel my circumstances are different due to the fact I live in their environment.
Cheers:D

The species found local to you is Phyllurus platurus. They require cooler temps, below 26 degrees at all times, generally don't require any heating. Smallish cages are ok, 2ft x 2ft is good, plenty of tight rock crevices for them to squeeze into and an artificial rock background is perfectly suited for this species. Mist daily, feed crickets/roaches dusted with calcium and vitamin supps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back