Learning to Measure Success In Really Small Ways

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I think in this feild we learn to measure our success in really small incriments. It really doesn't take much to make my day as far as the reptiles I'm entrusted with are concerned. Last Saturday my Wagler's Temple Pitviper ate, and you have no idea how picky they are. Tonight I was positive my albino burm wasn't going to eat the rabbit I had thawed for him, and I hate wasting rabbits. But I left it in the enclosure with him, and sure enought when I came back into the room it was gone. My het male ate a big a$$ rabbit too tonight. It's great. I love it when this happens. I thought about posting this in the exotics section, but I figured most of us can relate to this. My slightly finiky spotted male also ate last night. I wish this happened all the time.

I can empathise with your story Kev, indeed I think it's things like that which are the ingredients of true happiness. Being able to take pleasure in what others can't even see is a blessing. I think many of us forget bit by bit what pleasure children experience in dailly play, as we grow up it takes more and more to please some unfortunate ones. Didn't mean to get all deep, you started it anyway!
PS Last night my new Banded tree snake shed, and ate 2 mice. My Stimsoni shed and graduated to fuzzie rats, so I too had a good night!

rest assured afric, soon as the wind changes we'll all bite each others head off. :twisted:

Talking about small success, I'm about to attempt to feed my jungles for the first time. They are in small enclosures inside their intended enclosure ( lol ) and I'm defrosting the rodents under the pig heater in the large cage. The female is already out and facing towards the prey. I've got a good feeling about this. I keep you informed.

Fuscus said:
I'm about to attempt to feed my jungles for the first time. The female is already out and facing towards the prey. I've got a good feeling about this. I keep you informed.
SNAP!! AAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH MY NECK, AHH MY NECK! IT GOT ME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back