Levis eating garden skink.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juderei

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I caught a garden skink and put it in my female knob tail enclosure. She ate the skink in an instant.

I didnt know this was illegal until I read another post on this forum.

Is there any bacteria in these lizards?

Will eating lizards make her healthier?

She is gravid again, so will the extra protein help in the development of her eggs?

There will definitely be bacteria in the skink, bacteria is everywhere. (Even inside you!) It is mostly harmless though.

Less harmless, on the other hand, are the parasites that the skink would have been carrying (and are now inside your gek).

yeah bad idea not good to feed your captive stock any wild caught reptiles or frogs due to the parasites and that is not delving into the legalities of it pretty sure even garden skinks are covered in most states.

Legal in nsw to feed garden skinks but as mentioned not the best thing to do health wise

Thanks guys,

Does anyone know what types of problems it can cause?

I wont feed them skinks no more...but crickets are pretty expensive these days, i go through a $6.00 container about once a week and sometimes half are already dead as soon as I buy them.

Thanks guys,

Does anyone know what types of problems it can cause?

I wont feed them skinks no more...but crickets are pretty expensive these days, i go through a $6.00 container about once a week and sometimes half are already dead as soon as I buy them.

All you do is buy 1 container or 2 of crickets, put them in a larger container with either vermiculite or perlite (sp?) for them to lay there eggs in, a bit off food, and you'll have a never ending supply of crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back