Liasis Albertisii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake_Whisperer

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks to a previous post by Cris, I now cannot get this snake out of my head! Does anyone here have any information on this magnificent python? IE: Have they been bred successfully in Australia, will they be entering the hobby any time soon? I think it would be un-Australian to not find this snake spectacular! And I'm Canadian!!

attachment.php

They have been bred in Australia. They won't be entering the hobby any time soon, if at all, (in Aus that is). It is a dead set shame for us Aussies! I love this animal!

They have been bred in Australia. They won't be entering the hobby any time soon, if at all, (in Aus that is). It is a dead set shame for us Aussies! I love this animal!

There a reason why? Too few in captivity to breed successfully? Or something else?

Yes it would be a bloody tragedy! I just can't understand why it can be so hard to get some of these snakes into the hands of hobbyists. I can appreciate various governmental bodies not wanting people to go out will nilly snatching up wild specimens, but I think its crazy not to set up a situation whereby animals, like the white-lipped, oenpelli, genuine Iron Ranges GTP's, etc...can be bred and entered onto to the market. I would imagine adding a few more species to the 'available list' would do wonders for the hobby.

They are not found on the mainland so any extra specimens would need to be imported which invloves a tonne of red tape, and they wouldn't be aussie animals anyway, so can't see it happening.

They are not found on the mainland so any extra specimens would need to be imported which invloves a tonne of red tape, and they wouldn't be aussie animals anyway, so can't see it happening.

So while these snakes are indeed found on Australian soil (Torres Islands), because they are not found on the mainland , this means they have to be 'imported'? Pity for those of us with OCD who can't help ourselves with wanting that which we can't have!

Isn't that the same case with emerald moniters? Because they're not on the mainland, we can't have them?

Isn't that the same case with emerald moniters? Because they're not on the mainland, we can't have them?

Pretty sure there's a pair of emerald monitors already on license. Hatchies will emerge on the market eventually.

Oh, that's awesome. Lets hope it happens (sometime soon) with the snakes... Try not to get hopes up, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back