Licence breaches result in $3,000 fine

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam, it would be worth staring a new thread.

It also depends on the magnitude of what things we want changed and how. Some will be happy to see small changes in their own State / Territory, others are looking for fundamental changes across the nation.
For example, we aren't happy about the import / export permits, the time they take and the money they cost. Most of the wildlife agencies are breaking the law pertaining to free interstate trade. They know it, we know it but to make any changes requires consultations with a constitutional barrister (can you imagine what their fees are like?) and then a Supreme Court action. We are talking huge money here but that's what needs to be done - start at the top, deliver a few solid punches to soften them up and then take them bit by bit. Be assured that such action will create a lot of interest and support from the politicians and media.

So, the question is - who will put up the money?

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...deas-wanted-forming-australia-reptile-173288/

How come DEC can get warrants that easily? Even the police need substantial evidence before invading someones home. This seems like a major breach of peoples rights.

My guess is the people with the most to gain from this group representing Australian Reptile Keepers

Maybe if we organised the "Biggest Reptile Show in Australia" we could use the profits...by golly gosh there's enough expertise among us

My guess is the people with the most to gain from this group representing Australian Reptile Keepers

Maybe if we organised the "Biggest Reptile Show in Australia" we could use the profits...by golly gosh there's enough expertise among us

..... they probably wouldn't give us permit to do that. lol Sorry for being negative.

In the application we could write: purpose of the Biggest Australian Reptile Show: to gather enough strength to screw you.

Last edited:
How come DEC can get warrants that easily? Even the police need substantial evidence before invading someones home. This seems like a major breach of peoples rights.
I could be wrong but I think it goes , they get someone doing something wrong then that someone talks crap to escape the trouble they are in.... then somehow this crap is transformed into credible evidence which is then used to apply for warrant along with the no returns submitted routine.... then a clause 11 is place over the warrant to protect the identity of the crap talker.

Any JP can sign a search warrant. Many JPs are lazy and couldn't be bothered to ask the cops / rangers for details.

and this is why so many people are goin underground.... why give the dec money when they do nothing but piss in the wind

Perhaps a cheaper option with some pubisity would be a sign petition that native animal keepersaustralia wide will forth go the payment of any fees next year until a review into the behaviour, taxpayer expense and the nescessity of these government agencies and the review of the licence systems in some states.
Although an orangisation is need it will take years and thousands of dollars to gain any gound and how do we know it would be taken seriously when the advisory group was not.And it would be the aim of these agencies to discredit such an organisation.

Wow not even your a delusional fool jamgo !!
I suppose it is much easier to dream and talk of something that will more then likely never happen, no offence intended to anyone as I to like to dream and talk.It is because of this in action and being so divided that we would never be taken seriously and will remain a target and blame for these agencies.In the meantime some of these people have contribute so much to this hobby and to science it is ashame that these actions by these agencies may force them to throw in the towel and walk away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back