Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unicorns_dreams

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone can help me understand what I can or cannot keep on my recreational wildlife licence. I'm in QLD, I did some research,thou I still don't know what the following means."A1G1 Additional Information:- A maximum of 2 restricted reptiles, other than reptiles of the families elapidae, hydrophiidae or laticaudidae. Thankyou to any help.

Last edited:
Keep 2 womas-2 greens or a combination of 1 of each as i described,or as many others except Elapids (of course).Im not certain where Roughies stand on the licencing

Do you know what elapidae, hydrophiidae or laticaudidae are?

I researched but still not sure.

I have 2 spotted, don't want any more, just was unsure of what was allowed.

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/N/NatureConWiR06.pdf

I have to say it - But here we go again..
This subject has been covered many, many, many times.
Above is the link to the Nature Conservation act 2006 - go to page 60 ( sch 5, part 1 - near threatened wildlife and it will tell you what animals are restricted.....you can only keep a total of 2 restricted reptiles ( which means you cannot breed them )

Once again hope this helps.....

Ok basically, you CANNOT keep elapids or sea snakes. In QLD, restricted reptiles are coloubrids (tree snakes). Pretty much everything else is fine

in QLD woma's, Gtp's (aust population ) are restricted , as are a few species of geckos as well, along with the elapids etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back