Light cage???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skakonyi

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey,
I am setting up a couple of display tanks for my GTP and was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for low heat emitting lights as I don’t like the look of light cages.
Cheers

hey,
I am setting up a couple of display tanks for my GTP and was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for low heat emitting lights as I don’t like the look of light cages.
Cheers

Easy enough to set the lights up in a hood then use fly screen (fiberglass) to keep them out of reach. If you had a low temp light what would be the point? We use them specifically for heat.
Otherwise look at the ProHerp heat panels.

_DSC2445-1.jpgUntitled.jpg

cages

Thanks for the response snowman, I am using heat emitter panels in the enclosures and was trying to avoid meshing the top but I cant think of a way around it.

Thanks for the response snowman, I am using heat emitter panels in the enclosures and was trying to avoid meshing the top but I cant think of a way around it.

I thought the pro herp panels don't need cages?

lights

No you are right the heat pannel wont require a cage, thankyour Lewi I hadn't thought of leds

I think the habistat heat panels require cages but the proherp panels do not. Led's work great and produce very little heat.

lights

I am using 40watt proherp panels in mine and the people I’ve spoken to have said that they are fine without cages, I would have thought habistats would be ok as well but I’m not sure. I really like the idea of LEDS they will be unobtrusive and come in a range of colors
Thanks Guys

That is what I thought too [MENTION=37896]Skakonyi[/MENTION] but thought I read on here somewhere that the habistat ones need cages. Saying that I just looked on there site and it states that they will not get hot enough to immediately burn a reptile.

Would be kind of pointless to make and sell cages for them if you don't need to use them though.

so u want it for pure light and no heat yes? if yes then id go the LED strip option from ebay , the waterproof self adhesive ones are great .I have another 10 meters of cool white LEDs on there way . so I can finish the rest of my enclosures .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back