Light covers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosemary

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to get covers for lights. The ones that are powder coated and have a simple catch at the bottom to change the light bulb. I have looked at a few of the plain mesh ones and they dont meet porperly (so that snake could get inside) and/or they aren't finished properly (they have very jagged edges so the snake could scratch/cut itself)
Thanks Rosemary

I have tried the herp shop and they dont have the ones i am talking about, thanks anyway

These aren't the ones you want?

hs_CageAni_small.gif

Hi Gregory the ones pictured by Mr Bredli are the ones I am after so long as they are powder coated.
I live in Grafton, do you freight? Rosemary

I have been using the Herp Shop ones for years and I have never had an incident with one that has harmed any of my animals.

That picture is from the Herp Shop website... does Brian no longer stock them??

Yeah i know what you mean.. whenever i'm a lady that's all i think about :lol:

Now let me guess, Phil & Peter are on line 'cause we haven't got a better offer. And Bred's - you are at work. And once again the topic if conversation is.......? Haven't we been here before some time?

I have a couple like the ones Mr Bredl posted. They are just painted rather than being powder-coated I think. Mine are white. I have see them for sale for $18 each

I made six more of them using a piece of 4 by 4 timber as a template. I bought the mesh from Bunnings. It is called mice and snake mesh. I formed them up around the timber and sprayed them white. The 90 degree mounts are riveted to the mesh. A piece of thick tie wire is used to make the latch. It was fiddly but by the time I had made the sixth one it looked passable.

Brian at the herp shop has them. He told me that they can even be attached with velcroe for easy changing of bulbs.

Hey Jungle, you should sell them instead of rats. Easier to kill and the women love them!!

I might get the detention kids onto making them the second week back at school. It beats copying out the School's History for the little tykes.

Hi, colour is NOT important. The ones Brian sent me were not powder coated, nor at the time did he have the powder coated ones. They were bare mesh and had lots of jagged edges as well as gaps where a python could easily squeeze through, I returned them as I was not prepared to put any of my pythons at risk.

I just checked Brians website where the pic came from and this foot note was with the pic "Note that these light cages are now made from stainless steel mesh but are otherwise the same as that pictured"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back