Lighting Problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon-Drew

Reaction score
I have a UV tube in the back of my lizard cage and it is not always coming on proply. The holder is quite old but the light tube is only a couply of months old. I have changed the starter but it still does not come on every time. When I get home in the afternoon all I have to do is give the tube a bit of a nudge and it come on.
:roll:
Any ideas??

sounds like it is not connecting properly take the tube out and put it back in if it still happens get a sparky in

Sounds like the tombstones, (end caps), are stuffed mate. You could get new ones fitted but it's probably cheaper to get a new fitting.

try the globe in another fitting - if it works fine, for the sake of $20 - $30, I'd just replace it.

I Thought about a new fitting but but it won't be to long and I will be finished the new cage that I am building and the UV light will be changing from 3Ft to 2Ft so I don't want to go out and buy a new tube for a couple of weeks. I may end up takinf the old fiffing out and putting the fitting that was going in to the new cage in to the old one until the new one is ready.

I am not to worryed becuse at the moment both lizards are spending most of the day hidden under their log. so they are not getting any UV any way. :roll:

you could take em out in the sun for a while every day or so, till they go in the new tank...

What sort are they?

They are Jacky Dragons so they dont like to be handeled very much. As for taking them out side everyday I leave for work at 6.50am and it's dark - I get home at about 5.30PM Guess what it is still dark. It is also about 2 - 5 deg out side in the morning and I dont think that they would like that very much, I know that I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back