Little green usage indicator thingy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the don't care market.

Its a pain in the **** when people try to get their bar up with thousands of stupid messages (sounds rude when I re-read that) but they usually get eliminated quite quickly as required. I am also against the experience counter to a degree as it sort of creates a cultural elite and plebs like me who have little practical experience but have a functioning brain get their opinions rubbished.

Also there is a point about this site that allows personal experience to shine through. People who have been new recently get experience from people who are 6 months down the track not 20 years. Its always nice to read a message that starts "I have only had my Maccy for 5 months and she would only eat pinkie elephants....to convert her to rats I did this". Its a little less threatening to new users that someone like Pythonss (sorry Paul just borrowing your experience) who tells you that when he feeds his 64 trillion jungles he just throws in a small elephant every day until they feed.

In saying that people like Paul don't condescend and really help out as well. I like this site because of the people and NOT how long your bar is. I take all advice on board and process it and come to my own conclusion. Whether the bar comes or goes is a little irrelevant to me.

Cheers Hawkeye

:-(

Ok - I'm suitably chastened! :lol:

I must admit that the last time this topic was raised, I voted "don't care" too! It's just that I was getting a bit sick of the multitude of rubbish posts.... but ..... majority rules! :)

green thingy.

hi everyone.
i kind of like johns idea myself add to that stipulations about first regestered licence etc..
but it is human nature that no matter what is in place there is going to be members that rort the system..the things is really they are only doind a injustic to themselves as eventually there will be somthing that puts them on the spot.
cheers paul.

Personally, I do not think it matters how big anyones bar is. (but you are quite large Africa :lol: ). I have only been a member for a couple of months, but am in no hurry for a big green premature bar. You quickly learn from reading the forums who knows what they are talking about and who does not. Like someone mentioned earlier, if there has to be a bar, maybe the bar should grow with the length of active membership. End of the day there does not need to be any extra rewards for us, as the reward for me is having 300+ snake fans available at my fingertips to throw questions at when I am not sure on something. And maybe every now and then I may be able to help...Keep up the good work all. :lol: :lol:

I think we should switch the bar and the no. of posts off for a month and see if anyone really care. For my part I don't rea'y care if it's there or not
8)

Excuse my ignorance but could someone please explain the point of the green bar? Am i right in assuming that the bigger it is the more you know about Pythons? or is it that the bigger it is the more times you've posted something whether you know anything about Pythons or not? How does it truly indicate a person's experience? and with respect,the moderators have big ones does that mean they know everything? I'm not being a smart **** here,I just can't figure it out.

Cheers, Greg.

Gregory,
They only show site usage, it's just meant to show who has been an active member for a while. Also, as you move from egg to adult snake it's just a cute kinda thing that ticks over the longer you spend at APS.
They are NOT meant to represent experience etc. There is some discussion where people have suggested that it would be good if they did indicate experience, but this is all suggestion at this point.

Personally I don't pay much attention. I think that it is kinda cute, but some people seem to take it way too seriously...

I still remember when it had us start of as goslings and end up as full grown geese... that was funny.. I think they could be set up to be very humourous... Some more along these lines would be cool... Maybe it would chill everyone out a little if they had to have a laugh at themselves and accept the word 'goose' next to heir name LOL. :lol:

Thanks Nicole, that seems to make sense now. I thought it was some sort of competition or something the way some people were talking. I've been a member since the old list and am member number 71 here. You wouldn't think so seeing as I've just hatched and am now a snakelet. :oops:

Cheers, Greg.

well explained Beautiful Nicole
You can put this things so nicely, I love you for it my great.

Well, I don't know which one of you two is more irresistable than the other... you're both darlings!! :wink: :D

This is not bad idea for next poll.
Whoooo you think should beautiful nicole give preference?

Dirty slateman

Horny Afrofish
:p :p :p :p

Hey Niccy babe, you better pick me cos I owe you money :) Hehehe, only joking hon, ya money is safe even if you pick Slatey, but I can't see that happening anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back