LIttle Whip Snake pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
I had the privilege of getting some shots of one particular elapid snake I've been wanting to add to my humble collection - sad to say it didn't end up in my pocket but back out in the bush - DAMN IT!!! :lol:

Anyway here's what I could manage to take of the Rhinoplocephalus flagellum. Hard to get down to it's level and get some descent shots, and the little thing just loved moving!!.......but hey, can't complain..... :D

ps: I'm still looking for one of these if anyone has any contacts! ;)

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

Thats got a interesting scale pattern on its head, first time I have seen it close up. Thanks moose.

Hey Moose who classifies them in that genus?? Thats about the third or fourth one I have seen now.

Good looking snake, very similar to the Parasuta gouldii i find in the wheatbelt and hills over here. What their temperament like? The gouldi over here are timid at best, have even had one take a real strike at me.

Jordan

Cute little buggers I also found a little one in the backyard the other day, no bigger then 10cm.
Thanks for the link Moose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back