Live feeding Drama...Long story

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimberlyann

Reaction score
So my friend has the 9/10ft carpet python that hasnt been eating lately, they have been trying LIVE rats, mice, rabbits and i even got told today she had put a rooster in there and it just "walked around" on the snake :|

Anyway, i go there today for her daughters 2nd bday and as soon as i walk in "OHHH you have heaps of snakes you can help me" and i think straight away ohhh !@#$... and i go in there and there is blood every where the thing is trying to rub its head/neck across the glass to pull all this blood clot out and she goes "i fed it a live rat and the fangs got stuck in there"
So im thinking the snake bit it self or something and im asking her if the snake bit itself..no..if the snakes teeth went thru..no..if the rat bit it..no.. all i got was the fangs are stuck in there and i have to pull them out, so im like ummm the rats teeth?? Yep she thinks the rats teeth have fallen out when the stupid thing bit the poor snake, i told her to give it a soak put some bedadine(spelling??) on it and clean the tank cause it looks like a horror scene

What does her gronky *** bf say? "Theres not vets in the bush it will be right, im just spewing i have to clean the cage"
ARGHH!! This thing was bought off licence so im trying to track down the guy that owned it before to see if he had it on a licence so i can put it on mine and sell the thing so someone who will look after it cause her gronky bf when he got it, fed it and told me "yea sweet i can get rid of it now, i just wanted to be able to say i owned a snake that big"

Why don't you just take it anyway? Still hunt the previous owner of course, but that snake needs care NOW or that wound on its face will get infected and kill it. He said, "Sweet, he can get rid of it now", then take it.

You really have to wonder how some people learnt to walk with one foot infront of the other. When it comes to people like this who end up with pets of anykind, just help if needed giving the bare minimum of your time and input for the animals benefit then get well away from them!

Why don't you just take it anyway?.

I would if it was just that easy but im not sure they would just let me walk out the door with it with out a fight, the gronk still likes to bring his mates over and brag about the size of it........Yep compensating

I would if it was just that easy but im not sure they would just let me walk out the door with it with out a fight, the gronk still likes to bring his mates over and brag about the size of it........Yep compensating

Sounds like he'd part with it for a slab of Woodstock.

That's really awful! Good onya Kimberlyann for caring! Wally76 is right - a slab seems to be the only real currency for idiots like that guy.
Fight the good fight!

Sounds like he'd part with it for a slab of Woodstock.

He'd probably part with it for a long neck actually so thats a good idea..This guy told my friend she wasnt aloud to buy maternity bra's because he needed a case

Report them and have the poor thing taken away from them immediately. People like this shouldn't have pets. Good on you for trying to help, but people like this cannot be helped.

I'm not far from you, hence the Woodstock comment. Not sure about the castrating bit though ** eyes wince **

...any idea what happened too said feeding animals once it didn't eat em? :\

boyfriend sounds like he needs a kick in the head,

I'd be reporting them. I know it's hard considering they're friends etc, but I always feel life's too short for people you don't like...and I consider people who breech my feelings of animal welfare to be people I don't like, and I couldn't remain friends. (LOL sounds like I'm telling you too live as I do..but my point was, if you were too report them, don't feel guilty about it)

The fact that GF needs a maternity bra tells me he is breading - that's my #2 concern right behind the reptile. Tell him you know a good vet whio will fix it up for free (or cheap) take it away and then just tell him it died and giev the ppor thing a good home.

Reporting is a waste of time imo, it'll probably die of infection before they follow it up if at all. I agree with the other suggestions, trade him a goon bag for it =p.

:( WT* is wrong with some people?
Why wouldn't you try any other means necessary before trying to feed live? And putting a *&^%ing rooster in there would have only scared the snake i think!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try to do everything you can to get the snake out of the situation it is in ASAP. This is disgusting to even think about (the rats teeth stuck in the snake and the poor thing trying to get them out) :,(
It also makes me wonder if the enclosure and husbandy is all species and size adequate as well.
Please keep us updated on this and i really hope the snake doesn't end up paying for it's owner's stupidity with it's life.

I'm not far from you, hence the Woodstock comment. Not sure about the castrating bit though ** eyes wince **

Lol I could do it cheap though, no sutures either! I hate the idea of d1ckheads like that having children...

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-37.864271,144.902655

The fact that GF needs a maternity bra tells me he is breading - that's my #2 concern right behind the reptile. Tell him you know a good vet whio will fix it up for free (or cheap) take it away and then just tell him it died and giev the ppor thing a good home.

Not just a hat rack... I've used this tactic before. Tell them you'll cover the vet bill and then RUN!!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-37.864203,144.902692

Last edited:
Yes it is breeding, he has 2 kids so far and she apprently wants more..They BOTH dont work and he doesnt even TRY to look for a job. I could go on and on about how much of a slob he is, he does nothing but drink and smoke dope all day every day and NOTHING is more important then his drinks and smoke.
The snake is in a tank big enough for it. All it has for heating is a tiny heat mat which they refuse to buy a thermo for saying "its hot enough" not listening to my "but it could get too hot".
They animals that have been used for feeding have turned into pets im pretty sure and i have no idea about the rooster..
Im going to ask her what they are doing with it and if they are selling it to bring it to my house so i can get people to come look at it and give them all the money for it, if i had the money i would keep it but i just dont and they wouldnt just hand it over...

Yep, and can be done just under local anesthetic so he can watch if he wants...hehehe. What a jerk. He doesn't deserve his girl either. A friend of mine told me there are 3 times of men in our world, and this guy is classed as a BLOKE - thinks with his 'you know what'.

......if they are selling it to bring it to my house so i can get people to come look at it and give them all the money for it, if i had the money i would keep it but i just dont and they wouldnt just hand it over...

Be nice to buy his lady some bra's in exchange for the chook, instead of handing him more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back