Live tucker in Townsville

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this site is very quickly going down the crpper.. from what ive read is that the guy knows hes sposed to knock them on the head as his 'ceremony' was sarcasm.. well thats how i read it anyway.. and if he wants to feed it live then i dont care, i cant ever recall a snake asking a roo to knock its prey on the head so it could eat dead stuff.. as for the laws in qld, the RSPCA came round my place a few months ago as my neighbour was concerned i was starving my snakes as i wasnt feeding them daily (yes true story).. the RSPCA officer told me I could feed it live if i wanted there was no laws against it, as long as snakies welfare is ok and doesnt get mauled by the little meat chickens i was feeding it. (please feel free to bang on about me feeding it baby chooks because dear lord everyone on here has a forked tongue lately)

As for knowing where food is in townsville, you asked in the right place because a fair few nippy people on here know everything so why wouldnt you ask !

Cheers people, off to find another site soon!
Bell

Last edited:
It was a simple question about where live rodents could be obtained from in Townsville... if you know, answer; if you don't, remain silent. Too many keyboard warriors these days. I for one don't know AussieMozza, I live in Sydney and buy mine from Rattler (user on this site), I buy frozen though . He does freight from what I know, and is quite reasonably priced.

Last edited:
I have found this site to be helpful, colourful and heated at times.... YES lol but what forum isnt? as soon as you involve people you involve all facets of emotion. I do feel most people's outrage(even if its misguided)is because they care..... It would be great if people always looked and understood before they replied, but I am guilty of doing that too lol sheesh I even welcomed a poor person to the site that had been on here for a couple of years :oops: Maybe a little more tolerance and a willingness to try and look at things from anothers point of view would be a start :) Bowen is half way between Townsville and Mackay it may have what your after, or even Ayre it is about an hour from Townsville

Last edited:
i have seen a training video of someone feeding there python a live rat, but using a pencil and putting it in the rats mouth so it chews on it instead of attacking the snake, this being said i still wouldn't ever take the risk of feeing my bredli live food. silly choice and have seen way to many bad things happen to peoples snakes because of live feeding.

I'd be afraid the rat would miss the pencil and the snake would miss the rat!!! There use to be some people who bred rats in Vincent. Prolly not there anymore. Their advert was a sign on the fence. Same as the dude here in Kingaroy really. Nah best option is the herp club!

Tx must go to bell, osh and Moon but Crystal, care and outrage are not good bed mates...

Care might lead to a query, say: "I don't know of any suppliers of live rodents in your area and if you don't mind me asking, do you feed them live or dead to your snake?" Then care might lead to concern depending on my reply to that question. So to others that have a concern about the welfare of MY python and MY python food please PM (that means PRIVATE MESSAGE not Pre-Menstrual and I mean that in a unisex kind of way).

Crystal, my intention is not to have a go at you as your responses have been considered and courteous, thank you.

But to the others where care=outrage I say this: you're narrow minded, you have no concept of the natural world, you probably look at cane toads and tilapia and go "Ah, how cute!"

To everyone else: sit back and enjoy the ride!

sorry the only good cane toad is a dead cane toad! My nail rake LOVES cane toads!

Tx must go to bell, osh and Moon but Crystal, care and outrage are not good bed mates...

Care might lead to a query, say: "I don't know of any suppliers of live rodents in your area and if you don't mind me asking, do you feed them live or dead to your snake?" Then care might lead to concern depending on my reply to that question. So to others that have a concern about the welfare of MY python and MY python food please PM (that means PRIVATE MESSAGE not Pre-Menstrual and I mean that in a unisex kind of way).

Crystal, my intention is not to have a go at you as your responses have been considered and courteous, thank you.

But to the others where care=outrage I say this: you're narrow minded, you have no concept of the natural world, you probably look at cane toads and tilapia and go "Ah, how cute!"

To everyone else: sit back and enjoy the ride!
PMSL.... I never usually take offense unless I have BBMT(Bottlewash Blonde Moment Time) it's all good, I am the serial liker of every-one, Hater of none :)

heehee lovin the pm ! now aus if you could just please put up a fuzzy pic of a snake for us all to identify ....

game on!
Bell

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Everybody knows you haven't lived unless you've live fed ;)

Last edited:
its even more deafening now as this thread is closed this isn't a Forum to fight on please take it else where !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back