lizard decision!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhyss_bredli96

Reaction score
so yesterday i bought an reptevo 600 from a pet store and im just wondering what i should put in it, it has to be a lizard because my parents dont like snakes so i was just wandering what peoples thoughts where the measurements are 60L x 45W x 51H. i like bearded dragons, blue tounges all those sorts of things. not too sure about geckos because i dont know if you can handle them as much? any suggestions? :) thank you

a pygmy bearded dragon they are pretty cool

Gidgy skink or jacky dragon, both small enough for that size enclosure, don't think they great handlers though, but both look awesome!

I would say that if you like bearded dragons, then get a beearded dragon.

When it grows too big for that enclosure, you get a new enclosure, and a new animal for the old enclosure.

Remember that it is an addiction and that your first reptile will not be your last. Also after a year of keeping a dragon, when the time comes to upsize its enclosure, your parents may reconsider the snake option.

thanks guys, i think i might get a central bearded and then when its bigger buy a 4 ft enclosure, then put a pygmy bearded in the one i got now but still thinking or just put a pygmy bearded in there and save my money for other reptiles :)

Next time you should think about what reptile you want before buying an enclosure! Then you won't have a problem restricting yourself to what reptiles you can "potentially" put in there :)

Pygmy Dragons have such good characteristics. I love my little guy, they're great lizards. Different to your Pogona Vitticeps (Central Bearded Dragon). The Pygmy Dragons aren't as good at handling as your bigger lizards but still enjoy cuddles and a scratch on the head :). That size tank should be fine to house a pygmy, I've got mine in a 900x450x450 but that's heaps big enough for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back