Lizard ID Guess?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My folks on their property have a bright lime green lizard with cream bandings on its tail. They say it is a goanna and looks like a snakes head. Definitely not a dragon lizard or water dragon. Lives in trees near their house in far nq. I got excited initially thinking maybe emerald monitor but no they dont have banding on the tail.
I went right through coggers and couldnt see anything close.
It is about 30cm long with an equivelant lenght tail, bright green - some mottling, banded tail, moves like a monitor, snake-like head.
They live near Innisfail on a coastal property backing onto rainforest.
Any guesses?

It could be a laccie, sometimes they can have lime green colouring. The lime laccies I've seen are really beautiful. That's the only explanation i can think of.

imagine if it was a emerald moniter or a new species

hey guess wat?!?!? i was just readin a book called "australian goannas" by matt vincent and steve wilson and it sez that emerald monitor can be dull to bright green and often have dark bands or reticulum. Could be wrong but ya may aswell hope its not. :)

Sounds very nice.
Might have to take a roadtrip for a couple of days Ad.Could be worth trying to get some photo's of the little critter.
I had a look through evrything i have and can't find anything might have to do an update.
Should be something on the net some where with that description.
Your folks are lucky to have a rep running around wild like that so close to home.

i have that new book a complete guide to reptiles of australia by steeve wilson and gerry swan may be helpfull looking through that it has all 836 decribed species in this book all with colour photos scale counts all the things to look for on every species

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back