Lizard problem solving observations

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ianinoz

Reaction score
They are smarter than they recieve credit for.

Placed a piece of paper in the lizard's feeding dish and placed some food treats on top of it.
The lizard went straight to dish, stopped examined the dish - looks different, the ate the treats and then looked under the paper by lifting it up at one corner with it's nose to see if there was anything under it in the dish. Nothing found (this time).

Never expected the lizard to exhibit that much smarts and adaptability to new situations.

I love that house guest of yours, Ian, along with your new avatar.

It's funny that you mention this.

Just the other day, my Knob-tailed gecko solved a rubik's cube in 4 minutes flat.

It's funny that you mention this.

Just the other day, my Knob-tailed gecko solved a rubik's cube in 4 minutes flat.

ROFL , maybe you should stay home and send the gecko to work instead......

My how time flies when you are chatting on messageboards and not watching the clock.

Lizzy has quite a following in the USA, Canada and UK, I've been talking about her on a couple of non-Herp boards since before Xmas. She's famous !

Thought you guys would love this from a few weeks ago about my sending Lizzy to work as a Geico lizard just like this little CGI guy in an advert from the USA YouTube - ‪The Geico Gecko‬‏

dbjsw0.gif

LOL

NEW SCIENTIST Smart lizard solves a problem it's never seen before - life - 13 July 2011 - New Scientist

Last edited:
My 7 month old ackie solved it in 4 minutes the first time I tried today but I had trouble repeating it due to her getting distracted by me and my other ackie. I wonder how long the lizard in the video was trained for? I'm also unsure that it's a good test, are they potentially locating the food to some degree by the smell? I wish the articles provided more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back