Lizard Recipes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gillsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
After reading HerpShops Lizard recipe thread I'd thought I'd start my own.

My monitor lizard recipe is

Chicken Mince
Quail Egg
Vit/Mineral Supplement
Little Chicken Liver
Chicken Neck Crush (blender)
fish (for water monitors particularly)

I mix these all together and make little rissoles, depending on size intended to feed.

I then put these all on baking paper in the freezer, and once frozen put in a zip bag.

I freeze them like this so I can just remove one 'rissole' when needed, each one is disigned for feed 1 enclosure for each feeding. There is never any left over so don't have to worry about removing dried out chicken. And makes an easy way to dispense the supplements ( I hate dusting insects)

D

Nope don't keep beardies, I would follow the same just add some vegies into it.

You'd need to check with a beardie person to see if they can have chicken mince, I would also cut down the amount of protein and maybe mix in some insects.

That sounds like a great idea! Would be great when you have other people babysit your herps if they are put of by roaches etc.

Nah just crush it to a size that will fit in their mouths, they eat eggs in the wild so what's the difference.

I grab a quail egg, crush it in my hands the insides go into the bowl, and i just keep crushing it until they're small pieces.

For my monitors I use:
turkey mince
multivitamin and calcium powder
eggs
eggs shells (crushed pretty small)
and the next batch I am going to be adding in crushed roaches.

I portion it into reasonably small cubes, that way it covers the tiny monitors as well as the slightly larger ones. The bigger ones just get 3-4 cubes instead of one. Thaws faster that way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back