lizards and snakes togther

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizard_lover

Reaction score
i was just wondering could you put a snake and a lizard in the same tank ( i would never do it)

suprisingly the answer can be yes, i have seen pics of land mullets, tiger snakes and something else(maybe?) at the ARP. To be honest before i saw that i thought comnining such critters would be asking for trouble, but they obviously know what they are doing.

If you want to try it yourself you will want a large enclosure and plenty of spare herps... not a good idea.

as everyone here has pretty much said.. 9 times out of 10 the snake will eat the lizard.

Black-headed Pythons love a few bluetongues as tank mates. You will have to ensure a good supply once he gets the taste of them though.

I have seen red belly’s and water dragons together at a few reptile parks……….

and iv herd of people putting turtles and green tree snakes in the same tank!

I have seen red belly’s and water dragons together at a few reptile parks……….

yeh you would think they would seperate them seeing as i seen a water dragon crush a RBB head when i use to do volunteer work up there.
but haveing said that i have a friend who keeps diamonds and land mulluts togeather and both species produced young last season! only in an aviroy about 2m square with plenty of hiding spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back