Lizards that don't need UV

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not have it yet, that is why I am asking the question, do you think I should just be safe and buy a 2% UV bulb with a perfect diet?

P.S. What is a perfect diet for Bluetongues?

first off I think a 5%UV tube is a better option and I don't profess to have the perfect diet but I feed mine mostly snails(fresh from my garden or snail farm) plus a bit of veg same as my beardies,some fruit salad, a small bit of banana once a week,she also likes a bit of cherry and blueberry when in season

If you look at the various breeding farms in the states. many have no artificial nor natural uv available to their animals. the reptimania CD comes to mind where there is a guy who breeds 10s of thousands of beardies and there is no visble uv available.I am not a lizard keeper but my understanding is that the animals nust have sufficient heat to assimilate the calcium with in the food properly. Since many keepers dont provide adequate heat or many food diets do not contain enough calcium the supplying of uv enables the animal to top up any shortfall.Any advice normally needs qualifying but it is easier to recomment to newbiesthat they provide uv so there is a saftey margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back