Lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesr

Reaction score
Hi
I was just wordering if i could keep a baby Central Bearded Dragonin the same enclosureas my baby jacky lizard who is in a 2 foot fish tank.
thanks

YES I RECOND U COULD as long as they are about the same size

I wouldnt do it. If you do make sure they have as much as they can eat all the time or the jacky dragon may lose some bits.

thanks
what if i just leave the food in the cage at all times even when there not hungery will that matter.

as long as one isnt too much bigger than the other one then it should be allright. I have 4 baby jacky dragons in the same tank. (3 foot Tank) And they are from three cluches. one is a hatchling and one is 6 months old.They all go for one mealworm and fight over it even though there is six others in there As long as they dont dobble there size or one cant fit in the others mouth then they should be fine.

You are best of keeping them seperate...
Keeping live crickets and other insects can also lead to you lizards losing bits.
It will never work out in the long run so just keep them seperate to start with.
If you dont have the beardy yet, dont get it until you can provide it with its own enclosure.

Beardies have a bad reputaion for eating anything that moves, often when hatchlings are raised together some lose limbs, digits or tails portions.

I'm with cris on this one, baby beardies are very movement orientated and even if they are feed all the time they can still be stimulated to feed by movement (like feet!) even if it is too big for them to eat.
I also don't think a 2 foot tank will be large enough for them once they grow (and they grow fast) so you are best to just set up another enclosure (imo).

but is it a simple yes or no

no it isnt clear cut, it is quite possible that you could do it and nothing bad would happen, its just a risk that doesnt need to be taken.

I tried this years ago- the jacky dragon always seem to ended up in the beardies mouth. I thought I was going to lose him but he always ran away.
So no I wouldn't mix the two together.
Mind you the jacky was nuts to start with- so I think he ask for it every time.
But it was funny watching a jacky jump on the beardies back when ever the bearded move. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back