Llighting for Blue tunge enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peter22

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, l'm wanting to set up and enclosure for a blue tounge, so l'm after info on what type of lighting l will need,how much l will need and maybe the correct positioning of the lights in the enclosure, and anything else that l may need to know.
The enclosure measures 1000mm long, 500mm high and 400mm deep.
Thanks for any help you can offer
Peter

Not sure on the wattage of the globe you will need but you will need a basking lamp at the warm end, and as far to the end as you can get it to get a thermal gradient to the other...

You will also need a UV tube for daylighting the enclosures, without UV Blue Tongues can develop bone deformities etc...

I'n not sure you do need uv tubes for blueys in saying that i used a 100w MVB bulb when i housed mine indoors and had it as far up one end as i could get it the enclosure was the same size as yours

I certainly wouldn't risk MBD for the cost of a UV tube...better safe than sorry...

Two 50W info red globes should do the job in an enclosure that size with a thermostat and 2ft Uv tube (outback or NEC T10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back