Local Pet Shop.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bart70

Reaction score
Went to one of our local pet shops this morning to have a look at the size of their pinkie rats. The salesman wandered over....

Salesman: "Hi mate, Can I help you?"

Me: "Yep....looking for some small rats, What do you have?"

Salesman: "Just got some nice little ones in this week.....very active. You were after live ones?"

Me: "Not fussed - my Jungle Python likes them either way!"

Salesman: "errr....Sorry, we don't have a lot of frozen rats in stock at the moment"

LOL......He wasn't too keen to show me the live ones after that....LOL :lol::lol:

Just be aware that the pet shop rats are usually wormed and possibly have mite spray on them so you should wait at least 6 weeks before feeding to your snakes. I take it the live feeding was a joke.

Of course it was a joke lol, Bart70 would not feed livies to his snakes, would you Rob.............................Ron

Had no intention of buying live rats from the pet shop for food - Just could not resist the line when the salesman laid the bait. Was priceless watching the look on his face when I told my Jungle was not fussy!:p

Never really know with some of the things said on here sometimes.

I can't wait for pet shops to start stocking "reptile friendly" sauces you can pour onto the rodents prior to feeding.

Mmmm...Perri Perri or Sweet N Sour Rat tonight?

Had a lady come into my work not long ago and tell me she was fine to feed live rats and mice to her snakes regularly because she had a wild life license and she knew what she was doing....

I believe legally you are allowed to just frowned upon unless last resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back