Look Out Amberly Here I Come

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Python Lover

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Howdy all well I finally found out where myself and my husband are getting posted to and were heading to amberly. Im happy where going but :cry: that i'll be leaving my mum behind. But when defence say jump we say how high.... So any info about herping and reptile place's and pet shops etc etc would be great if anyone can help out... Yommy look out more darwinites heading your way :D

Look out APL, you will freeze your cloaca of first winter :lol: it was 0 deg last night :lol:

there are a few shops in ipswich its self but not towards amberly that i know of, there is just reptiles( www.justreptiles.com.au ) john and sharon are very helpful there are a few places to go herping, along the upper reaches of the brisbane river is good but watch out for the bull sharks if your goin in the river

they are good fun when fishing though, you dont have to worry they are only small though say up to a metre

lol not army yom hubby got transfer over to raaf from army.. So yoms wat is it like with water restrictions and what are the dha houses like and what do we have to look forward too while being over there?

yay i think its time for an ipswich and surrounding areas social, anyone interested???
(sorry to steal your thread , concider it a welcoming party LOL)

DHA- (Don't Help Anybody)
They would be as good as in the NT though more choices of house.
We had built our own home before we went to katherine and moved back into it when we got back so we didn't have to deal with those clowns. The outer ippy areas are good, but we're out near springfield so away from the rif raf.

Drive from darwin and take the herp in the car with you, the allowances are excellent. You could cover an expensive pair out whatever and have some left over.

Ok water wise is it true that you can only have 2min showers??? Got told by a mate today who has just come back from QLD and he said he could have only 2min showers...So would it be better to drive from here to there? How long would it take and did you drive?

Haha sounds like your mate is fibbing, altough the council are supposedly coming down on houses that use more than 160litres a day, most SEQlders got a 4minture shower timer in the mail, altough not very accurate. You cant water your garden or car either, not even with buckets anymore.

Yamanto is a much nicer place than Amberly, try for a place out there.
As a rule of thumb, Ipswich is always around 2degrees colder in winter/warmer in summer than Brisbane then add another 2 for Amberly..

Glad to hear that you will be moving down here. It will be great to finally meet you. Yeah water restrictions are pretty tight, but its something you get used to. There aren't to many good pet shops etc out that way as said but Just reptiles is helpful.
Good luck with the move :D

PAV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back