Look Out Amberly Here I Come

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i used to go camping with cadets out at Amberly...only thing i know is theres heapsssssss of scorps...:)

Hi Simone & family
Welcome to good old SE Qld, it's not all that bad
I am in kicking distance from Amberley - out near Lake Moogerah _ where the big jets used to practice "bombing" when there was water in the Lake
Give me a shout when you arrive and I can lead you astray :)
oops ... I meant help you settle in ... like cheap rats & stuff
Sandee :)

out where i am we are only on level 2 water restrictions (different water supply to brissy) but it would probably be at least 1.5 hours to get to amberly during the week. i've been out there a few times and being from up north the heat shouldnt be a problem, but u might have to invest in some jumpers, it gets very cold out that way in winter.

Simone you have really nice outer area's as well, 30min from base, (same distance as parmo to darwin CBD) Springfield lakes area and forest lake all have DHA homes available, ippy isn't just the only options. You soon see on 'house find' what's available. Good luck, and pack a jumper :)

Pack a jumper and a few extra layers :lol:

Theres some good herping in the mount Nebo area (the road goes right through to brisbane city from near the wivenhoe dam) and around the dam. We have found bandy bandys, red bellies, tree snakes, etc and a pink tongued skink there.

And yes.. 4 min showers :shock: but you will get used to it. My house waters the gardens with grey water, and we also have 2 water tanks which we use to do laundry n stuff. You might want to look for a house that has a tank because they can be mighty useful.

-Penny

Thank's guys Im not looking forward to the move cause ive been in darwin most of my life... So the move is going to be hard on me... Ill miss my mum more then anything else:(... I have plenty of warm weather gear so all is gooood. :D Lol bredlislave sounds fun to me :D

So is there anything else I need to know?? OOh ok what about the permits and all that stuff anyone got a website for that so I can see wat I have to do when I move?

You traiter you(only kidding) escaping the army to join the civi's in uniform. And just think you will only be a stones throw from where you could have been posted at Oakey. Not a bad base Amberly the mess is really good. Have to catch up when you get down here.

Yup hubby has had enough of the army it was shattin him big time we heard better things about the raaf so he transfered.. Hubby was also thinking of driving like yommy said so we been looking into that...It is a big buzz to me still cant get over the fact im leaving darwin....

If your going to drive are you going to hit most of the east coast? provided you havent been to most of it..

Forest lake is a nice area, I found Springfield lakes to be too close together, and the houses just all look like concrete molds, their nice, as long as you dont mind hearing your neighbour going to the toilet ;) If there are any dha homes in an estate called Paradise Heights, I strongley recommend you check them out - its about a 5-10minture drive from Yamanto but has more acerage homes..

One more thing you should know, its spelt Amberley ;) you even had me typing it wrong in an earlier post, it doesn't matter though..

lol my bad dodie it still hasnt quite hit me yet at the fact that im leaving darwin after 23 yrs of living there you know plus it will be hard due to the fact i love my mum and all but leaving her behind is heart breaking and she isnt happy with me at the moment cause of when I told her she got upset and cried she dont wanna talk to me for a while she said not til she gets over it but so far she hasnt even consider how i must be feeling about the move *sigh* such is life i suppose.... So paradise heights huh well ill keep my eye out for that area.. Thank's guy's :)

yay i think its time for an ipswich and surrounding areas social, anyone interested???
(sorry to steal your thread , concider it a welcoming party LOL)

sound sliek an awesome idea to me as i have jstu moved to ippy as well, i did live out at amberly back when i was a kid though haha i guess its not to bad:p um yeha i reckon jsut reptiles is the best shop. though there are heaps in brisy to.

Well dates have been finalised we are leaving darwin on the 15th of sept and should be arriving in amberley on the 24th or 25th of sept.... Look out for pic's of the trip after we settle... So watch out here I come hehe:D

well it's getting closer to the date that we leave darwin and head to qld....*SIGH* after 23yrs of darwin im finally leaving.......:|
:shock:23 years in one place. They Army must be very kind to their soldiers. The most moves I ever made when I was in the Navy was 11 moves in 6 years. I was told one morning I was being posted interstate that afternoon :shock: I thought they were joking when they told me I was on 24 hours notice...

I hope you like it in Amberly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back