lookin for a background

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neven

Reaction score
hey guys im looking for a background for my new liz cage im building...
im just looking for the kinda backgrounds used in aquariums but specifically lookin for more desert kind of picture... i found some at a local pet store but the didnt have the right size for my cage (1400x600)
ny one no where i can get some?
ta nev

how about one of those plastic outcrops from ultimate reptile suppliers.

if you mean the stick on film-type backdrops then give sunshine aquarium a ring and tell 'em Phil sent ya. They have a pretty wide range of backdrops 9312 0200 and ask for Lucas or Michael.

ta for that phil... do you no if theyll have it in my size tho... cos there is a place in kylsyth that i went to (fish and feather) and they had about 20 different sorts but didnt hv the right height..
spose ill give em a ring ny way
ta again guys
nev

I just threw out some backing that was 8x2ft.
If only you posted this a fortnight ago.

I know they have some 600mm stuff but don't know in which designs. Sorry Nev but they should be able to tell ya, tell 'em I told you to ring :)

i called up that store but no answer... so i went to a huge aquarium place in heidleburg area.... n they had a big range and said no one supplies the desert backgrounds in 600 :( so im thinkin of going to a stone cutters and gettin a solid thin slab of sand stoned to mount as the back wall.... expensive but should look awsome....
nev

Would look awesome Nev :) Did you give them time to answer? There is only the 2 of them and sometimes get a heap of ppl in the shop. I am sure I have seen desert backdrops larget than 18".

yeh i rang twice in an hour n let it ring out both times...
i might try them again once i find out the price of the sandstone... cos im guessing that will be very expensive.. especially if its one piece..
ta nev

yeh nice idea simon i like it....
i called around a few slate n stone places today and found one place (yarrabee) selling sandstone tiles 600x600 for $15 each :D which is alot cheaper than i thought... lol i asked the other stone places for a solid 1400x600x20 piece and prices where all above $200.... not cheap ay...
ta nev

hey guys i hv got my sandstone :D lookin very nice... do i need to seal it?
nev

oNYA nEV ! It's just personal choice really if you're using it in a dry environment but even then if it is sealed it is a lot easier to clean. What thickness were those tiles ? You are giving me a few ideas for my own enclosures :)

Nev, Lams aquariums at parramatta ph (02)96306781 have some awesome molded rubber [fake rock] walls and backgrounds all sizes. you could give them a call and find out who the supplier is. cheers

Hey Nev! I'd LOVE to see a photo. How about posting a pic in your gallery?

Just wondering - How are you planning to mount your thermostat on it?

hey lutzy... yeh im going to mount it with liquid nails... works a treat... i just glued in all the sandstone then... Yarrabee Tiles in Clayton Melbourne are extremely accurate with their cutting and i would recomend them to any any one... very cheap to.. i have just glued the tiles in with liquid nails aswell... the tiles are about 20mm african and are perfect to use but are real bastards to drill through :? ... thats why i have just solved all those probs with liquid nails lol...
yeh as soon as i have finished ill chuck some photos up for yas to see...
ta nev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back