Looks like it could be our turn for a Cyclone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No im at Palmy now. went for a drive to Gunn Point Rd Howard Bridge.....good fishing spot for barra when the water is flowing but not quite that much.......

I used to work at the quarry out there (many moons ago). Hope you only fish in that river, it is infested with crocs. Don't know how many times I had to stop and tell tourists to get out of there.

It's getting pretty rough again here in town.

Yeah! waiting for the BOM update. It's moving so slow it looks like it will be here for a few days.

Most recent track is it will stay at cat 1 and circle Darwin for the next day and a bit. flooding and trees down is the major problem. the truth is i think this is impossible to predict its next move as each BOM release is completely different from the last.

Last edited:
I agree with you, every update changes and the last one is directly opposite to earlier ones.
Must be using their dart board for predictions.

Last edited:
i just had friends go through the gatton/ipswich flood and friends in cairnes just bought a house, lucky they werent to badly affected.good luck to ya's hope nothing comes of it all.

Well its all quiet where I am...no wind much at all.....yet they say cat 1.....must be near the eye....who knows..

Good luck guys :) Cyclone Carlos may not be the monster Yasi was, but a cyclone is a cyclone so it would be scary. Let's hope tropical low 1 over in WA doesn't develop into the category 3 cyclone they say it will turn into...

The funny thing with this is it has not really moved all day just sitting there. I hope the low in WA stays out to sea too. I have not been in a cyclone before and I don't want to talk too soon but when it was a low yesterday it was way more windy.....i don't understand cyclones...

What IS it with this country lately? Can;t keep up with it, and where we have normally dry heat, it's been sooooo humid the past week or so, puts one in a permanent sweat!!!!!!

Freaky Australia, just freaky!!

The low off the WA coast now has a name - meet TC Dianne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back