Low Voltage Fan Heater

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurto

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just looking around the web for a few bit and pieces and ended up having a read about the Reptile One, Low Voltage Fan Heater.

Bit curious if anyone have used these and how and where they had used them?

Thought I'd bump this thread again. I saw they were advertised in the latest S&T mag. Still curious if anyone has had any experience with them?

I dropped in to the local reptile shop today and talked about them. They have tried them out and they only seem good for small enclosures (500x500x500),in 1200 enclosures the small lights cant keep up enough heat. The price on the shelf was $90.

I have one ready to go in my new small enclosure that's arriving soon. Paid 90 for it. Will let you know how it goes if you like.

Bump!!!

Anyone been using these? How effective are they?
I would have thought that the fan would spread the heat throughout the terrarium, and hence destroy the precious thermal gradient.
But my biggest concern is that they are low voltage, hence they must have a external transformer. Will these work correctly when attached to a thermostat?

I have been using a 50w for my cunninghams in a 90*45*45 glass enclosure. Directly under it on a piece of timber for them bask on the temps as high as 36c.
I think they work very well.

I have a 50W one, picked it up for $60 at my local pet store, its in a 3ft x 2ft x 2ft tank and does very well. Directly under the light the temp reaches 37 - 40 and down the cool end thanks to the fan on the light the temps sits steady at 27. Also remember depending on the weather will also depend on the performance of these heaters. Today was a very cold day here in QLD and the thermostat only kicked in a few times to shut the light off for a few mins. On a hot / normal day you wont have any problems with the 50W reaching 40+ degrees also depending on tank type, my tank is full glass which does not retain heal well.

I would however not recommend putting them in a tank bigger than 3ft unless you get more than one.

Personally I am happy with it. It also gives off UVA and UVB which is a bonus as I don't need a separate light for that :)

Last edited:
I have a 50W one, picked it up for $60 at my local pet store, its in a 3x2x2 tank and does very well. Directly under the light the temp reaches 37 - 40 and down the cool end thanks to the fan on the light the temps sits steady at 27.

I would how ever not recommend putting them in a tank bigger than 3ft unless you get more than one.

Personally how ever I am happy with it. IT also gives off UVA and UVB which is a bonus as I don't need a separate light for that :)

I wouldn't trust it to put out enough UV for monitors / lizards etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back