Lump in amyaes throat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
well, now that Faa is home safe and sound i can focus on my worry about Jade.

Jade is a 3.5 yr old female, who has a lump in her throat, she was the main reason for my trip to the vet yesterday.

i noticed it about a month ago, at first i thought a roach was stuck in her throat, so the next few times i fed her i'd check to see if it moved, but it didnt. It doesnt seem to bother her, she eats well, is as active as the others, if i didnt check my critters so carefully it wouldnt be noticeable. (so much so that i took a comparison gecko in as well and he looked at her several times)

anyway, he got this look on is face that no one wants to see, and with a light thru her skin showed me a pin head sized lump, surrounded in swollen glands. Now the horrible part is, its in a really bad spot, he doesnt know what it is and since shes not showing any signs of illness doesnt want to risk killing her in checking it out properly. He did say that getting a sample wtih a needle was an option, but again would prefer not to till she showed some signs of problems, so for now im monitoring the lump and keeping an eye on her appetite and activity levels
i see his point and i totally respect his opinion, but ofcourse im worried cos nothing about it looks good.

i guess what i want to know is does anyone have any personal experience with lumps in throats and swollen glands?
any knowledge of why the glands could be swollen? can swollen glands ever be a not so terrible thing? (i forgot to ask that, i was a bit flustered at teh thought of leaving Faa there)

im preparing for the worst, its sucks thinking im about to watch something horrible develop.

i just want to know what im in for. :(

I cant offer u anything helpful in order of what perhaps u should prepare for, but i do wish u the best & hope that it isnt anything too serious. Goodluck & i hope your little princess is ok!

ive only had one problem like this once , just from a woodie not wanting to be eaten so it kicked around in the geckos mouth making a lump appear on the throat of my loved little gecko but within 7-10 days it healed an faded away hopefully you have the same result

thanks guys,..

its definately NOT a roach unfortunately,...i lost all hope of him pulling one out with tweezers when i saw his face drop. :(

i dont know geckoguy, after doing a whole bunch of googling last night i found that glands swell as part of the bodys immune defense system,....so there could be an infection causing the swelling, or the pin head sized lump in there lump could be cancer, or even just a cyst, but he cant get to it to find out,...

i dont know what to do.

jk888 i think meant the roach had maybe scratch the gecko's throat? which might have caused an irritation then an infection which has swollen the glands up

good luck

ahh right, blonde moment, sorry. ;P

nah, its not a scratch its an actual black lump growing in her throat,....and the surrounding glands which be believes to be thyroid glands are the ones that are swollen.

i got an email back from the vet saying its probably been there for a lot longer, and it appears to be slow growing, which is why hes not concerned atm since shes bright, alert, active and eating well.
She hammered 3 freshly shed superworms yesterday morning, so shes definalety eating well,...!!

Mike, ive PM'ed you, thanks so much for taking the time to send me so much excellent info!!
its greatly appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back