Magnificent Green Tree frog help!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamstar

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls
I have two magnificent green tree frogs. Had them both quite a while and never had any problems. Today however I have noticed a brown/ clear film peeling from one of the frogs. Its almost like fine cottonwool to look at. He still seems happy enough, chassing crickets around and climbing everywhere. I have taken him out and quarantined him just in case its something infectious. I have also bathed him in about 3 drops of betadine diluted in 300 mls of water.
Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions on what it could be?

im not the best person to help ya with this but i did have a similar problem with one of my old tree frog the skin started peeling sadly i found the cause was a bite from a small ant which inevitably led to his death weeks later vet trips didn't save him.

my advice would be check him over for any small unusual marks which u have not seen before and act accordingly
Sorry i cant help hope it works out to be nothing.

Hey, I've seen this on frogs that have come into contact with a chemical that has damaged their skin. Never seen it from an ant-bite, but it makes sense that that could do the same thing. The ones I've seen have had it happen from sitting in drains that people have poured chemicals down (generally detergents). I've seen a few die, but I've also seen a few get better. I've always been taught that if you can keep them eating, they'll basically get better.
Hopefully yours will be fine, take it to the vet if you're really worried. Maybe try cleaning the skin with clean water?
Good luck!

sounds like its shedding its skin. if so perfectly normal, they often do it after rain and or water change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back