makeing a bank of 3 cages

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redline

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i am in the process of building a bank of 3 cages. It's going 2 be 6ft high 4ft wide & 2ft deep it's made out of pine wood just wanna no what can i stain the pine with. I am going 2 have BHPs in it.

thanks

Redline

u can stain it any product, just providing u give it a few days to air out and dry, before putting any occupants into them

thanks i will give it a go. i should have some pics next week.

Hi redline, i have had a bank of enclosures that i have vanished with a water-based varnish and never had no problems, just let it dry overnight and even with heat globes, it still never made the odour appear ....

Stain it with anything mate, but when you laquer it us a water based clear and do give it time to air out. When its varnished put the heat on and wait for all odours to go and then wait an extra day or two. The best brand I have found to use for fast odour clearing has been White Knight but you can use any brand as long as you MAKE SURE that all odour has gone before you put the slinkys in.

I was thinking the same thing Africancic.... (too hard to spell). Perhaps we should run a collection. See who is willing to donate what.

Redline, with those sizings it should suit your bhps for the first 8 months or so, but you should reconsider if you want to house them to adult size imo.
Cheers
Ad

If you lay the bank on its side, you will have 3 tanks 6 foot long, which will be pefect for any adult large python. My best banks are just that, 6 foot wide, 4 foot high divided into 3 levels, and about 2 foot deep.

peterjohnson64 said:
I was thinking the same thing Africancic.... (too hard to spell). Perhaps we should run a collection. See who is willing to donate what.

hmm sounds good & what i will do is when my BHPs give birth i will give 1 away for free....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back