Makes u think about the system.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seanjbkorbett

Reaction score
..hmm what has really annoyed me ...i was asked to remove this snake from a mates "SHED" since i was already at his place when they saw it,he said it was a tiger snake and they going to kill it..i said no,let me have a look! it ened up being a stepehns banded snake,wich i told them was still venomous..they said well they whant to kill it cos they have kids and a dog,i said "no let me take it and release it in the bush near yours" they said no cos they dont whant it comming back and if it did theyd probably kill it..,so i handed it to a professional snake catcher trying to do the right thing,cos i knew he'd know where abouts to release it,as iam unfamiliar with this species and its habitat.i was not sure where to relase it so i gave it to a lisenced professional snake catcher...i had taken photos of this snake just befor i caught it in the shed..wich i posted on here APS,aswell as the stroy of what happened....but then i was warned thru a PM by ppl saying..what i did taking photos and saving this snake was illegal and they were going to report me and i could cop HUGE fines and lose my lisence for doing this....now what i dont get..is theres been a couple of posts and publicised articles n threads of where a person has killed a snake...but there has never been a recorded fine given to any one who has killed a reptile..and here iam ..saved a rare snake handed it to a porfessional snake catcher and now im copping it and being told i could be slapped with huge fines n loose my lisence for doing what i did...hmmm

Last edited:
Sean,

Don't stress. EPA (or DERM as they are now...) are run by humans who generally have some sort of interest and compassion for animals. They aren't going to fine you for what you've done even though technically it is illegal. If they do anything at all (which is unlikely), they will simply tell you what you did was illegal and don't do it again.

For the keyboard heroes - don't worry about them mate...

Where is the 1st post with the pics?
Was a nice snake, dont worry, this site is full of big heads waiting to pop your bubble.
You gave the snake to someone with more knowledge, you did nothing wrong.
Cheers

U wont get fined, lol
Those people are really silly, they make me laugh, to be honest. u did the right thing in my mind, rescuing a rare snake from someone how wanted to kill it, good on yay :)

Interesting,well done on your rescue and subsequent handing over to an expert. this sounds like bureaucratic nonsense that local governments waffle on about, too many rules made by illinformed geese.

I wouldn't worry about it, unfortunately there are lots of people out there only too happy to try and cause problems for people. There is zero chance of you being fined or losing your license for what you did. People kill snakes every day and they would never ever be fined, strictly speaking what you did was illegal but it is of little consequence.
It says more about the people who PM'd you to be honest.

Where is the 1st post with the pics?
Was a nice snake, dont worry, this site is full of big heads waiting to pop your bubble.
You gave the snake to someone with more knowledge, you did nothing wrong.
Cheers

yeah cheers guys for the support..i was stressin!..
umm i had the first post with the photos deleted cos its "illegal" to have taken them apparently..so i ddint whant to get into trouble :(..and iam currently applying for my damage mitigation permit and i dont whant to do n e thing wrong incase they dont grant it to me becuase of whats happened,removing the snake with out a permit and taking photos of it...i do understand that it was illegal to remove it ,but it had to be done in my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
im confused on what part is illegal?
did you move it? or just take photos of it?
cause it sounds like you just took photos of it? so wouldnt that make it illegal to go out and take photos of other native reptiles?
as for moving it, im still confused on that part lol.

im confused on what part is illegal?
did you move it? or just take photos of it?
cause it sounds like you just took photos of it? so wouldnt that make it illegal to go out and take photos of other native reptiles?
as for moving it, im still confused on that part lol.

Interfering with a wild animal is illegal. The law is there to protect both animals and people.

I'm surprised you've been getting PMs about ur rescue. I put up a thread showing me catching a croc and i have got nothing yet lol.

Just goes to show some of the low depths people can stoop to sending you a threatening PM in regards to this. Bloody red-tapers!!! If anything members of this site could/and should understand a "bending of the rules" in which a native animals' life is being saved by another like-minded member. I'd be disgusted as well as surprised if ANYTHING at all came of a complaint like that, and in reality, nothing EVER would.

People get away with killing snakes and plastering the results all over Youtube without a worry in the world, so you doing something like this wouldn't bare any implications whatsoever. Keep up the good work mate, but always play it safe when doing so ;)

Good work mate, dont worry about the keyboard wariors, at least youve learnt a leason, next time dont post pics ;)

Interfering with a wild animal is illegal. The law is there to protect both animals and people.

I'm surprised you've been getting PMs about ur rescue. I put up a thread showing me catching a croc and i have got nothing yet lol.

You're a monster!

I wouldn't worry, i'm sure they have more important things to pursue than someone saving a snake.

As for the people pming, that's pretty sad.. I thought we were all wildlife lovers here and would be happy that an animal was saved, not be worried about petty crap like reporting people trying to make them lose their animals over it.

but then i was warned thru a PM by ppl saying..what i did taking photos and saving this snake was illegal and they were going to report me and i could cop HUGE fines and lose my lisence for doing this

I hope you told them where they could stick it.... nice work Btw, question which catcher did u hand it in to?

Be careful, they will most likely storm into your home at 4am with heaps of guns and full body armour. They also plan stings where they chase a garden skink into ppl's houses and arrest them when they walk out it in their hands(well possibly?).

PS Thanks for posting the pics, it was a nice snake.

some people should just mind their own business... they can solve their own problems.

good save mate!

name and shame the tools sending you dirty pm's. So we all know who the real tosser's are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back